Video- No Supplemental Discipline For Dustin Byfuglien

Patrick Burke explains the decision.

added 12:52pm, before the decision came down today and after his meeting, Byfuglien met with the media, watch below...

Filed in: NHL Teams, Winnipeg Jets, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: dustin+byfuglien

Comments

MNWing's avatar

What’s that sound coming from Ottawa?

Posted by MNWing on 11/03/15 at 01:03 PM ET

Alan's avatar

Posted by MNWing on 11/03/15 at 01:03 PM ET

They can’t hear you over their collective sobs regarding Z’s non-suspension.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 11/03/15 at 01:36 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Un-fuching-believable, they went out of there way to find a reason not to suspend DB.  How can one league hire so many people with terrible judgment?

wasnt there a recent article about how there was league wide disgruntlement with the DPS and their inconsistencies?

Posted by Hootinani on 11/03/15 at 02:02 PM ET

If by “out of their way” you mean watched the video evidence and saw that there was absolutely no action that warranted a suspension, then I agree. They went wayyyy out of their way.

Posted by MNWing on 11/03/15 at 01:03 PM ET

They can’t hear you over their collective sobs regarding Z’s non-suspension.

I know right?! I’m so glad that Wings fans are so grounded and never bitch like 13 year old girls about literally every other team’s players/fan base! ESPECIALLY none of the Wings fans on this blog.

Posted by godblender on 11/03/15 at 02:24 PM ET

Alan's avatar

Much like a leaky faucet, a leaky sarcasm can also cause problems for today’s homeowner.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 11/03/15 at 02:46 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

as I sated before, IMO, gallahger embellished

he coulda been flagged for a dive

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 11/03/15 at 04:02 PM ET

But then why call the hearing in the first place? You make yourself look unprofessional.

Posted by dwgs on 11/03/15 at 04:33 PM ET

I said this in the thread the other day. I didn’t feel like principal point of contact was the head and after watching a better clip of the hit, even more so. I though Byfuglien crossed past midline of Gallagher and upper body contact, shoulder on shoulder was more likely than shoulder to head. You can see that Gallagher’s right shoulder has come back past his back and is in view before his head runs into the back of Buff. For God’s sake, people, Gallagher’s head bounces off the middle of Byfuglien’s back. Right off the area below the u in his name and above the gap between his numbers. I"m not sure how anyone could really think Byfuglien targeted Gallagher’s head with the middle of his back when he was going forward. It just doesn’t make sense. Gallagher got thrown like a rag doll because Byfuglien is huge and Gallagher is not. Byfuglien NEVER moves his shoulder out and up to get Gallagher in the head and his elbow comes up after the hit is over.

I think the entire thing was clean and there shouldn’t have actually been a penalty. The other day I said I thought it was predatory and unnecessary and dangerous, but I think a lot of the effects of the hit can be boiled down to the fact that Gallagher is 5’9” and 180 and Byfuglien is 6’5” and 265.

Posted by teldar on 11/03/15 at 11:42 PM ET