Video- No Goal Kunitz, Distinct Kicking Motion

In my opinion, I would have given Chris Kunitz.  Not so sure if this qualifies as a distinct kicking motion.

Scroll to the :15 second mark to watch the play start.

Filed in: NHL Teams, Philadelphia Flyers, Pittsburgh Penguins, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: chris+kunitz

Comments

That is absolutely a kick.

Posted by Garth on 11/14/13 at 08:41 AM ET

NHLJeff's avatar

I thought it was borderline. He did appear to make a kicking motion with his foot, but that didn’t propel the puck in. It appeared to hit higher up on his leg.

Posted by NHLJeff from Pens fan in Chicago, IL on 11/14/13 at 09:24 AM ET

Hootinani's avatar

I’d surely take it since hes on my fantasy team, but that was definitely a kick.  My only problem is that I don’t see why kicking the puck in should be illegal.

Posted by Hootinani on 11/14/13 at 09:38 AM ET

OlderThanChelios's avatar

I think the clincher for me was watching Crosby and Kunitz exchange sly grins on the bench after the goal was denied. They both knew he kicked it – and didn’t get away with it.

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 11/14/13 at 11:14 AM ET

I liked how the Triumvirate of Suck were all so busy fellating each other over Crosby’s play that they took forever to realize the goal was being reviewed.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 11/14/13 at 12:22 PM ET