Video- Michal Rozsival Hit On Jason Zucker

Rozsival received five for interference and a game.

Filed in: NHL Teams, Chicago Blackhawks, Minnesota Wild, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: jason+zucker, michal+rozsival

Comments

Wings_in_NYC's avatar

looked like a good, solid hit. zucker doesn’t get up so refs have to make it into something worse than it actually was.

Posted by Wings_in_NYC on 02/21/16 at 07:20 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

I’m not sure I’m seeing the issue either.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 02/21/16 at 07:30 PM ET

Royal Grand Exalted PooBah's avatar

I’m going with the second shooter theory.

It was a medium intensity check. Not like Rosie went full stride into him and launched himself. Going to start getting dives all the time from these types of checks if they call hits like this major penalties. He hit his head on the ice was the most likely reason he didn’t get right backup.

Posted by Royal Grand Exalted PooBah from the basement of the Alamo on 02/21/16 at 08:09 PM ET

So Gudas gets away with his shit and they penalize this? Pure NHL.

Posted by teldar on 02/21/16 at 09:35 PM ET

Iggy_Rules's avatar

I’d like to see another angle just to be clear the head isn’t primary point of contact. Looked like a clean hit to me.

Of course, the NHL will probably suspend Roszival for this while Gudas gets to play on, looking for the next victim.

Posted by Iggy_Rules from Calgary, Canada on 02/21/16 at 10:13 PM ET

Slumpy's avatar

it didn’t look malicious but for sure he rang his bell badly. I was watching this game and camera showed up close he was in a lot of a pain and perhaps concussed.

Posted by Slumpy from Under My Wheels on 02/21/16 at 10:54 PM ET

Royal Grand Exalted PooBah's avatar

So Gudas gets away with his shit and they penalize this? Pure NHL.

Posted by teldar on 02/21/16 at 08:35 PM ET

Gudas’s check wasn’t any worse than Abby’s on Barkov from Florida. The difference is that Gudas went out of his way to hit / intimidate/ intent to injure/  a player that had not touched the puck. Abby was trying to make a clean check. Guda’s was not. This check was a love tap.

Posted by Royal Grand Exalted PooBah from the basement of the Alamo on 02/22/16 at 02:00 AM ET

I get two minutes for interference since he doesn’t touch the puck, but the five and a game were 100% based on his injury, which was caused by him hitting his head on the ice.

Ridiculous call.