Video- John Tortorella Not Happy With Bob Hartley

John Tortorella is not very fond of Calgary's head coach Bob Hartley and is upset about the hit on Daniel Sedin...

Filed in: NHL Teams, Calgary Flames, Vancouver Canucks, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: john+tortorella

Comments

JBytes's avatar

In a league of canned answers, I find Tortorella’s honesty quite refreshing.  I like the guy and really wanted to see his team do well.  I hope he keeps his job and gets another chance to shut his detractors up.

Posted by JBytes on 04/14/14 at 11:34 AM ET

SK77's avatar

Agreed, JBytes. Torts rubs a ton of people the wrong way but I like his candor and attitude, especially when talking to the press.

Posted by SK77 on 04/14/14 at 12:03 PM ET

hockeychic's avatar

Hartley is famous for doing this sort of crap.  Good for Tortorella for calling him out on it.

Posted by hockeychic from Denver, CO on 04/14/14 at 12:05 PM ET

He doesn’t like the disrespect.

Didn’t he try and fight an entire locker room?

Posted by SlimChance on 04/14/14 at 12:17 PM ET

redxblack's avatar

Same locker room (Flames). Tortorella is pretty consistent. I wouldn’t be surprised if the league fines him for speaking ill of another coach. I would be surprised if that fine would have any effect at all.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 04/14/14 at 12:53 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

The only difference between Bob Knight and Tortorella was Knight could put his money where his mouth was.  So saying that, I think Torts has a long term deleterious affect on his team, wherever he happens to be coaching.

Nonetheless, I love his sound bytes.  It’s refreshing to hear him speak what is really in his mind.  Coachspeak sucks.

And I totally agree with him on Bob Hartley.  The guy is a bottom feeder.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 04/14/14 at 02:01 PM ET