Video- Jake DeBrusk Hit O Nazem Kadri

No penalty.

Filed in: NHL Teams, Boston Bruins, Toronto Maple Leafs, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: jake+debrusk, nazem+kadri

Comments

Paul's avatar

Kadri back for the 3rd.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 04/13/19 at 10:05 PM ET

I think it was intentional. Should have been ejected.

Posted by teldar on 04/13/19 at 10:30 PM ET

Should be ejected for running Marleau into the post at the end of the boards. Intent to injure. Kadri should be for the cross check. But DeBrusk should sit a game too.

Posted by teldar on 04/13/19 at 10:33 PM ET

It’s too bad Kadri didn’t get DeBrusk more squarely in the face.

The Bruins have been allowed to play by separate rules by the league for years.
It’s got to be embarrassing on some level to be a pro athlete playing for a team with an owner pulling the strings to get them special treatment. Everything they do is cheapened by the sleaziness of fake “Hall of Famer” Jeremy Jacobs.

Does Zdeno Chara ever feel embarrassed gooning players half his size?

When the officials ignore kneeing and shot into the metal seam what do they expect?

Analytics boy Kyle Dubas ought to wish he’d given his team a bit more size and balance.
We know Mike Babcock does.

I’m not remotely a Leafs fan but I can’t stand the Bruins. It’s one thing to be an old school tough team with obnoxious fans. It’s another to do it with your owner tipping the scales.

Posted by lefty.30 on 04/13/19 at 10:39 PM ET

TreKronor's avatar

I have no issue with the Kadri high stick. The bruin running a player into the curve glass really ticked me off because I thought it should have been a penalty. Dangerous hit that goes uncalled, so Kadri evened it up.

I don’t care for either team but I’m enjoying how intense this is. I just would hate to see one player get punished instead of both. Or neither.

Posted by TreKronor on 04/13/19 at 10:44 PM ET

I have never ever ever heard all of the media people do nothing but lavish praise and hype and act as apologists for a team the way they do with Boston.

How has Brad Marchand escaped the criticism and accountability he deserves over his career for being a serially dirty, dangerous player who is consistently disrespectful to his opponents.

It’s impossible to watch a Boston game because all the national media types do is gush praise for him as if he were their favorite child in a home video.

Kadri’s crosscheck is officially the dirtiest play in NHL history. Why not just give him a lifetime suspension?
Raffi Torres? Matt Cooke? Tom Wilson? How many serious injuries did they have to cause before the league really cracked down. But no it’s official. Do it to a Boston player and every media type is talking from the same script: 10 playoff games! I’ve heard Jones and Olczyk excuse and minimize so many egregious hits. Cannot cheapshot a Bruin. They can only cheaphot you. Unwritten league rule.

Posted by lefty.30 on 04/13/19 at 10:57 PM ET

Jeremy Jacobs is like a mafia dad who hands his kid bras knuckles and then sits glowering in the car looking on to make sure no one interferes with his bully child giving a one-sided beatdown

Gary Bettman is like the corrupt local politician who is in league with Jacobs and does his bidding and makes sure the cops only weigh in on his side.

Posted by lefty.30 on 04/13/19 at 11:04 PM ET

TreKronor's avatar

When Keith Jones and olsuck said they thought the cross check should be 10 games I literally laughed out loud.

Then I realized they weren’t joking…...

Posted by TreKronor on 04/13/19 at 11:34 PM ET