Video- Did Zac Rinaldo Throw Too Many Punches?

Rinaldo against BJ Crombeen tonight.

Filed in: NHL Teams, Philadelphia Flyers, Tampa Bay Lightning, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

phillyd's avatar

Search for a clip of him asking the refs afterwards. I thought i was borderline but the refs told him what he did was ok. He’s mic’d for the game and CSNPhilly had that clip on the broadcast.

Posted by phillyd from Southern New Jersey on 02/05/13 at 10:50 PM ET

phillyd's avatar

And Lecavalier just goes further with Talbot and throws a punch with both linesman in there to break up and Talbot on his back. Man I can’t stand Tampa.

Posted by phillyd from Southern New Jersey on 02/05/13 at 10:53 PM ET

Paul's avatar

I just saw that phillyd, why the bad blood?

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 02/05/13 at 10:54 PM ET

phillyd's avatar

I honestly don’t know why now between the teams but I personally have never liked the way Tampa plays. Either under Boucher (1-3-1) and Tortorella (5 below the circles blocking shots) so that’s where my dislike of them comes from.

Posted by phillyd from Southern New Jersey on 02/05/13 at 10:56 PM ET

phillyd's avatar

Here’s the link to the mic’d conversation with the ref

CSNPhilly Rinaldo Mic’d

Posted by phillyd from Southern New Jersey on 02/05/13 at 11:08 PM ET

Nathan's avatar

Posted by phillyd from Southern New Jersey on 02/05/13 at 09:56 PM ET

Yeah. 1-3-1 doesn’t bug me so much, but I can’t stand this collapsing around the goal. It really kills offense. And I’m not the type that cares about the number of goals I see—I’m just as happy with a 2-1 game where the goalies and D played great, but the chances the teams generated were exciting, hard earned, and had some flair.

Posted by Nathan from the scoresheet! on 02/06/13 at 08:47 AM ET

phillyd's avatar

Posted by Nathan from the scoresheet! on 02/06/13 at 07:47 AM ET

I wholeheartedly agree. Also, word out of the locker room during the Flyers post-game show was that a lot of the bad blood came because Crombeen was all over Giroux the game last week and apparently many thought he took liberties or crossed a line with his “marking” of Giroux. Don’t know if that’s accurate by the Flyers announcers did not seem at all surprised with what was transpiring on the ice.

Posted by phillyd from Southern New Jersey on 02/06/13 at 10:23 AM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

Considering how many guys I’ve seen get back up and throw a punch after getting his legs wobbled, nah.

Zac Rinaldo is the kind of hockey player I’d like to see eliminated from the game entirely, but I think he stopped when he should have.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 02/06/13 at 12:43 PM ET