Video- Anton Volchenkov Elbow On Brad Marchand

Volchenkov received 5 for elbowing, a 10 and game misconduct.

Filed in: NHL Teams, Boston Bruins, New Jersey Devils, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: anton+volchenkov

Comments

That’s one of the weakest flying elbows I’ve ever seen. Marchand’s hugely dramatic overreaction was almost as bad as hearing Emrick in the middle of another of his mindless and completely irrelevant anecdotes…IN THE MIDDLE OF THE GAME!

Posted by godblender on 04/10/13 at 09:56 PM ET

shanetx's avatar

I’m hoping for a Shanahan video ending, “In summary, it was Marchand and, to be honest, I wish he’d hit him harder.  No suspension.”

Posted by shanetx from Floydada, Texas on 04/10/13 at 10:07 PM ET

Chet's avatar

seriously. how does a guy take 20 seconds to go down like that? unreal.

Posted by Chet from twitter: thegansen on 04/11/13 at 01:23 AM ET

Thank you, shanetx.
I saw it and thought “it’s hard to drum up any sympathy for a dirty bastard”
I know I shouldn’t think that way because nobody should get hit in the head, but it is marchand. And the fall did look a little contrived.

Posted by teldar on 04/11/13 at 07:28 AM ET

Paul's avatar

Phone hearing with Shanahan this morning.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 04/11/13 at 08:41 AM ET

redxblack's avatar

In other news, Marchand was invited today to try out for the Canadian Diving Team.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 04/11/13 at 10:22 AM ET

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

I live in B’s land.  A local radio station reported he sustained a concussion.  So that means that he will miss the next seven days.

That seems a big chunk of time to miss.  Obviously it wasn’t a “overreaction” or “dive”.

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from Where the GM likes his team. on 04/11/13 at 11:52 AM ET