Video- A Mad Datsyuk

via BarDown,

Sunday, with the series tied 1-1 against HC Dynamo Moscow, Datsyuk did something you rarely ever see from him, destroy an opponent with a hit, and the hit actually led to a game misconduct.

Datsyuk racked up 25 minutes in penalties on the one play, and you can see why he was frustrated as he was hit pretty late before exacting his revenge for lack of a better term.

Obviously the game misconduct comes as a shock, especially considering Datsyuk has never had more than 35 total penalty minutes in one season in his career (NHL and KHL).

Filed in: Non-NHL Hockey, European Hockey, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: pavel+datsyuk

Comments

stonehands-78's avatar

Magic

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 03/13/17 at 04:34 PM ET

TreKronor's avatar

Tit for tat.  I was expecting much worse.

I couldn’t tell who was who for any of this until after I saw both hits.  I thought the guy that checked him into the boards gave a more dangerous hit.  I thought 13’s check in open ice was pretty good, and the guy was probably just short on breath.

Posted by TreKronor on 03/13/17 at 04:47 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

A hit to the numbers versus a decent open ice hit, maybe just a smidge late on both hits… but one is far more dangerous in general.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 03/13/17 at 05:17 PM ET

Primis's avatar

I really don’t see the problem with Datsyuk’s hit.

God the KHL is a terrible product.  They make the NHL look competent.

Posted by Primis on 03/13/17 at 05:33 PM ET

Vladimir16's avatar

Look a passionate player who isn’t soft. Damn, I miss him. Not only did we lose our most talented player but we also lost our toughest.

Posted by Vladimir16 from Grand River Valley on 03/13/17 at 07:59 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

Datsyuk was one of the best players I ever watched play. Yes I do miss him. sick

Posted by bigfrog on 03/13/17 at 08:17 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

I miss Datsyuk! downer

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 03/13/17 at 11:11 PM ET

Hockeytown Wax's avatar

old school Scot Stevens-esque open ice check from Datsyuk ... a thing of beauty.

The check Dats took was more dangerous and wasn’t called ... good to see the NHL refs aren’t the only ones that suck.

Posted by Hockeytown Wax from West Bloomfield, Mi. on 03/13/17 at 11:26 PM ET

Perhaps I’m biased but the Datsyuk hit looked pretty clean. Perhaps a moment late. The hit against him along the boards was MUCH worse.

Posted by evileye on 03/14/17 at 10:37 AM ET