Video- “A Little Whack” By Sidney Crosby

Dual broadcasts.

added 10:03am on 3/24/17, Watch below as Boucher and Crosby discuss the play.

Filed in: | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

he called him “Cowen”....

Gross injury. Of course no call, Sens lose their top pairing d-man.

Posted by happyrock on 03/23/17 at 11:22 PM ET

TreKronor's avatar

I would love to see someone really get the weasel. Him and Malkin both get away with a lot of liberties.

Posted by TreKronor on 03/23/17 at 11:32 PM ET

Paul's avatar

via Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun,

While the Senators are trying to book a trip to the post-season, they were forced to finish Thursday’s visit by the Pittsburgh Penguins to the Canadian Tire Centre without defenceman Marc Methot.

He took a ugly slash to the finger from Pittsburgh all-star Sidney Crosby in the first period and never returned. The Senators indicated Methot had suffered a laceration to his hand and if he is out for any length of time that isn’t good news for Ottawa or his defensive partner Erik Karlsson.

When the replay was shown on the scoreboard with Methot leaving the ice with an ugly mess on his hand, it sure looked like Guy Boucher motioned to the officials to wake up because Crosby should have, at the very least, received a slashing penalty for his actions.

And this too...

The contest was also marred by Crosby’s nasty, unpenalized first period slash across the left hand of Methot. Methot didn’t return to the game, forcing the Senators to play most of the game with five defencemen.

“His finger is shattered and he’s out for weeks,” Senators coach Guy Boucher said after the game.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 03/24/17 at 08:28 AM ET

Primis's avatar

League has no balls.

Posted by Primis on 03/24/17 at 08:44 AM ET

Paul's avatar

Added video to the post, Boucher and Crosby talk about the play.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 03/24/17 at 09:54 AM ET

Did Methot even apologize for getting is the way of crosby’s stick?!

Posted by SlimChance on 03/24/17 at 09:55 AM ET

Have some cheese with your whine.  Should’ve been two minutes for slashing.  Guess this is all that interests Wings fans without playoffs to look forward to.

Posted by Jack McFly on 03/24/17 at 11:16 AM ET

Make like a tree and get out of here Mcfly

Posted by SlimChance on 03/24/17 at 11:39 AM ET

I guess your opinion depends on whose Ox is being gored.

Posted by Henry on 03/24/17 at 12:10 PM ET

alwaysaurie's avatar

“League has no balls.” Posted by Primis

What would a courageous league do?

I’ve seen that play thousands of times… but I think it’s the first time I’ve seen this result. I think it’s a bit silly to think Crosby should receive some discipline, however.

I’ve seen that play thousands of times… it should be called a 2’min slashing penalty.

I’ve seen that play thousands of times… it isn’t always caught by the official so there’s not always a penalty called. I also know that I can’t see real-time whether someone hit the stick or the hand very often, so often in fact that I use the player’s reaction to the slash as-if-it-were-evidence that his hand was hit instead of the stick.

I’ve seen that play thousands of times… and when the refs don’t call a penalty, that’s the end of it & there’s no further punishment.

Posted by alwaysaurie on 03/24/17 at 12:31 PM ET

^    And that’s the reason the favor should be returned in kind.

Posted by SlimChance on 03/24/17 at 01:02 PM ET

StayClassy's avatar

I dislike Crosby as much as the next guy, but that slash didn’t seem as bad as I was picturing. Looked like he was going for his stick. Should have been two minutes for sure, but I doubt he’ll be suspended for that.

Posted by StayClassy from Wings fan in Columbus on 03/24/17 at 03:18 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

It was a slash like many players do, but no one mentions Cindy putting her stick up an opposing players groin earlier this week. Malkin gets away with everything also. Both of them need a two hander as Mickey Redmond would say.  cool mad

Posted by bigfrog on 03/24/17 at 04:23 PM ET

WingedRider's avatar

A penalty doesn’t have to be called for further discipline. Screwed up twice.

Malkin sort of loses his mind sometimes and refs will make a call.

Not even surprised that Cindy sucked his way out of Penalty/Discipline. Started the day he played his 1st game. Embarrassing actually. I am not convinced he is the best player in th world,a couple of kids might take that away soon, I hope!

Posted by WingedRider from Saskatoon, SK on 03/24/17 at 04:48 PM ET

chuckinredlionpa's avatar

Eugene Melnyk is the same jerk that employs Chris Neil and he is saying this needs taken out of the game?? Double standard perhaps? And for all the Crosby haters, he takes more abuse than any other player in the game. He continues to be the best player in the game today, and you would take him on your team in a heartbeat if given the chance!

Posted by chuckinredlionpa on 03/25/17 at 12:49 PM ET