Video- You Are Not Dreaming

Jack Edwards, play by play man for the Boston Bruins, with a post game editorial tonight.

Filed in: NHL Teams, Boston Bruins, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: jack+edwards

Comments

uh… ok.

Posted by timbits on 04/28/11 at 03:04 AM ET

Loved it!

Posted by RogerNYLA on 04/28/11 at 03:08 AM ET

what an idiot. Has anyone reminded him boston hasn’t won a cup since 72 and haven’t done anything overly significant since 1990?

I almost want to see boston make the finals so i can hear his reaction to them getting creamed by the west.

Posted by Joe from NY on 04/28/11 at 03:10 AM ET

Pharazon's avatar

oh shut up you overbearing tool edwards

Posted by Pharazon from England on 04/28/11 at 03:24 AM ET

habman's avatar

What the blue hell was that all about?

Posted by habman on 04/28/11 at 03:30 AM ET

Itrusteddrrahmani's avatar

If you haven’t heard his Revolutionary War analogy before. here it is….

So Dumb.

Posted by Itrusteddrrahmani from Nyc by way of A2 on 04/28/11 at 03:43 AM ET

I know I’m kind of odd, but I tend to really enjoy Jack Edwards’ shtick much of the time.  In a way, I feel like he’s one of the true practitioners of camp out there in the world (or at least the hockey world; I suppose Don Cherry is quite campy, though that’s definitely unintentional).  Deliberate camp, in the case of Edwards, as I have a strong feeling that he knows exactly what he’s doing.

Posted by nosferatu from Albany, NY on 04/28/11 at 03:55 AM ET

goon's avatar

I think Edwards is awesome as well… Good for him…

Posted by goon from Grand Forks, ND on 04/28/11 at 04:38 AM ET

NIVO's avatar

what he was trying to say was: “If we lose the next round to philly, burn your undies in the street…........because im freeballing right now.”

Posted by NIVO from underpants gnome village on 04/28/11 at 05:29 AM ET

Chris in A^2's avatar

I enjoy his over the top antics, in a Baghdad Bob kind of way.  Granted, I’d probably want to give myself a lobotomy with a spoon if I was a fan of a rival team and got stuck with his play by play.

Posted by Chris in A^2 from Nyquist Puck Control on 04/28/11 at 06:08 AM ET

“Well, a couple of decades ago, a bunch of lowly Sharks charged out of some nice Norcal weather, went down to the JLA and dumped the Wing’s Cup hopes into Lake Erie. And in doing that, it struck a chord, that rings true even today: That when confronted with imperious conceit, fighting the good fight is not only the right thing to do — it can be a heck of a lot of a fun.

And who has more fun than us?”

Wow, captured the Wings-Sharks series in a nutshell Edwards!

Posted by RockTheTank8 on 04/28/11 at 06:28 AM ET

BigE's avatar

Pipe down Edwards you tool. Your Bruins are getting bounced in round 2.

Posted by BigE on 04/28/11 at 07:56 AM ET

Osrt's avatar

Posted by nosferatu

Hope you’re right because Edwards used a piss poor analogy otherwise.

Posted by Osrt on 04/28/11 at 08:18 AM ET

This sounded a bit like a ‘suck it, Bettman’ rant to me.

Then again, whenever I hear the phrase ‘imperious conceit’ I naturally think of lil Gary anyway, so it could just be me.

Posted by HockeyinHD on 04/28/11 at 09:55 AM ET

Nathan's avatar

Posted by nosferatu from oh on 04/28/11 at 01:55 AM ET

I agree, I think he knows exactly what he’s doing.

Posted by Nathan from the scoresheet! on 04/28/11 at 09:56 AM ET

Jon Jordan's avatar

Allow me to paraphrase “Whack” Jack’s monologue there [a-hemmm…..]:

“Blah! Blahbitty blah, blah, blah! Blah, grrr, barb, snoot, blah, I hate Montreal.

Blah, blah, nanny, nanny, poo-poo, blah, growl. Boston rules.

Suck it, Canadiens.”

Thank you.

JJ

[This loose translation from lunacy does not reflect the opinion of yours truly.]

Posted by Jon Jordan from Tampa, FL on 04/28/11 at 10:06 AM ET

Reminds me of Dumb & Dumber, “What to hear the most annoying sound in the world?”

The guy is mess.

Posted by Unicorn Force from DC (but like everyone here, I'm not a local) on 04/28/11 at 10:09 AM ET

Leo_Racicot's avatar

What an idiot.

Posted by Leo_Racicot on 04/28/11 at 10:12 AM ET

Forlorn in VA's avatar

OH Jack.  You keep being the crazy homer that we all love.  Or love to hate, whichever fits.

Posted by Forlorn in VA on 04/28/11 at 10:20 AM ET

He’s pissed that people who’ve done nothing for themselves take pride in the achievements of those that came long before them. So Habs need to quit trading on their early Cups (1900s), but Boston can go to the Revolutionary War well (1700s)? Got it.

Posted by dumbasrocks on 04/28/11 at 11:01 AM ET

Primis's avatar

The only thing more pathetic than Edwards is the fact that he continuously keeps making the same analogy, over, and over, and over again.

He was fired from ESPN because he wouldn’t stop with the Revolutionary War stuff.  And he’s pulled it out several times now for the Bruins.

What a tool, as is anyone who actually thinks the guys is clever or amusing.

Wow, captured the Wings-Sharks series in a nutshell Edwards!

Posted by RockTheTank8 on 04/28/11 at 04:28 AM ET

Really?  I missed the part of the rant where he talked about perennial chokers, May tee times, wingers killing teammates in car wrecks, or never winning anything meaningful?

Huh.  Go figure.

Posted by Primis on 04/28/11 at 11:03 AM ET

Primis's avatar

Posted by dumbasrocks on 04/28/11 at 09:01 AM ET

Of course, Montreal’s won a Cup a whooollle lot more recently than the Bruins but hey, why ruin a good Jack Edwards rant with facts and reason?  He certainly never does…

Posted by Primis on 04/28/11 at 11:04 AM ET

Incognetis's avatar

Oh, it’s just a shtick.  Lighten up, Francises.

Posted by Incognetis from Delaware... Hi... I'm in... Delaware on 04/28/11 at 11:51 AM ET

Randy from Butler PA's avatar

He is an A$$ and the biggest homer in the league

Posted by Randy from Butler PA on 04/28/11 at 01:05 PM ET

He is an A$$ and the biggest homer in the league

I beg to differ.  The Penguins have an announcer on their broadcasts that is so over the top, I’m not always sure he’s watching the same game.  I don’t know his name, but the few times I’ve watched the Penguins feed, this guy was embarrassing.

Posted by RogerNYLA on 04/28/11 at 01:33 PM ET

You’re right RogerNYLA, I can’t believe the NHLN used the Pittsburgh channel for the game last night, those guys might even be worse than the Anaheim announcers now.

Posted by Devils In The Details on 04/28/11 at 02:54 PM ET

Randy from Butler PA's avatar

I don’t like our TV guy (Steigerwald). They dumped Mike Lange (now the radio guy) for him. Lange is in the Hall of Fame and is great. Steigerwald is a homer but every time I see Edwards he is yelling about the officiating, at the opposing players and boasting about a Bruin beating up a player on the other team during a fight

Posted by Randy from Butler PA on 04/28/11 at 03:17 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Glad he doesn’t call Wings games.
———————————————————————————

Posted by RockTheTank8 on 04/28/11 at 04:28 AM ET

Whats the matter little guy?  Sharks fans feeling a little inadequate?

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 04/28/11 at 03:25 PM ET

Someone has a Glen Beck infatuation…..

Posted by Jesters Dead on 04/28/11 at 03:26 PM ET