Video- Wings Win With Late Goal By Holmstrom

Game 6 in Detroit on Tuesday, puck drops just after 8:00pm ET.

Filed in: NHL Teams, Detroit Red Wings, San Jose Sharks, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: tomas+holmstrom

Comments

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

I lost it.

I absolutely freaking lost it.

the playoffs have finally set in for me.  round 1 was a warmup for the real deal.

Wings have confidence now.  Sharks are deflated.

Wings are gonna roll on Tuesday.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 05/09/11 at 02:03 AM ET

Just got back from the game. Best $150 I’ve ever spent. Also, my row won a free oil change, so I guess it’s more like $120 spent.

My husband once said that Datsyuk’s name sounds like “gadzooks”. I was shouting gadzooks over and over all game. What an amazing performance!

Wings have never lost a game that I have attended in person. So very glad that held true tonight!

Posted by apid on 05/09/11 at 02:27 AM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Great video, Paul, but didn’t Lidstrom score the goal, not Holstrom?

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 05/09/11 at 03:27 AM ET

perfection's avatar

the puck deflected off of Homer’s pants and he was eventually given the goal from Lids and Dats

Posted by perfection from LaLaLand on 05/09/11 at 03:57 AM ET

datsyukdanglesyou's avatar

I’ve said it before and I’ll continue to say it: Datsyuk is unreal.  People can’t even imagine the things he does before he does them.  Wings have all the momentum coming into Tuesday, but San Jose is still a very good team.  Regardless of the outcome tomorrow, I can say that this has been a very entertaining (and frustrating at times) series, can’t wait to see how it wraps up.

Tuesday prediction: 4-2 Wings in regulation with Bertuzzi pocketing an empty-netter for the insurance policy.  LGRW.

Posted by datsyukdanglesyou on 05/09/11 at 02:23 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Posted by perfection from Chicago on 05/09/11 at 01:57 AM ET

Thanks. I watched that thing over and over and I still can’t see it touch Homer.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 05/09/11 at 02:24 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Posted by apid on 05/09/11 at 12:27 AM ET

So… you understand what role you have to play if this series goes to a Game 7? cheese

Every bit of Mojo we can muster will be crucial as this series continues.  I give major props to San Jose as they have been the better team in a lot of the games.  That being said… I don’t feel Detroit has played it’s best game yet.  Last night was one for the ages but if the Wings play to their own level they will prevail.  All I can add now is… LET’S GO RED WINGS.

Posted by calquake on 05/09/11 at 03:05 PM ET