Video- Will The League Look At The Sutton Hit?

Andy Sutton received 2 for elbowing on the play.  Is more discipline coming?

Filed in: NHL Teams, Colorado Avalanche, Edmonton Oilers, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: andy+sutton, gabriel+landeskog

Comments

I’m no expert, but I’d say yes.

Posted by Mike on 10/29/11 at 12:08 PM ET

Primis's avatar

I’d personally prefer that they looked at the blatant attempt by Burns against Filppula, even though he missed.  To me that’s worth a game or two.

Quite frankly, if the league is setting a mandate that hitting the head is bad, but it’s ok if you blatantly go for the head and miss, they may as well not police it at all.

Posted by Primis on 10/29/11 at 12:26 PM ET

We will see what Shanahan does. That is a clear targeted headshot from a goon. Should be at least 2 games. Like to see 4 for it.

Posted by timbits on 10/29/11 at 01:31 PM ET

Evilpens's avatar

But Andy is a Expert! are you an Expert? LOL

Posted by Evilpens on 10/29/11 at 01:55 PM ET

It looks to me like Sutton could have killed Landeskog with somewhat of a rule 48, and purposely slowed down so he wouldnt. Doesn’t mean hes not going to touch the guy, but growing up playing hard hockey, that is the kind of hit you dream about. Landeskog has his head down and is reaching for the puck. You want to make him feel that hit, but to me it seems as if Sutton pulls back a bit. I don’t see further discipline coming.

Posted by Liam on 10/29/11 at 02:53 PM ET

You may dream about nailing a guy with his head down, but hitting him in the head isn’t my idea of the way “you want to make him feel the hit”. Knocking a guys block off isn’t hockey.

Posted by timbits on 10/29/11 at 03:28 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Sutton has a hearing on Monday.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 10/29/11 at 05:10 PM ET