Video- Will Sidney Crosby Return On Sunday?

After practice today, Crosby was unsure about returning to action on Sunday.

He said he hasn’t had much practice time and no need to rush return now.

So, we wait another day to find out.

But if you want to read between the lines, what do you think?

Filed in: NHL Teams, Pittsburgh Penguins, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: sidney+crosby

Comments

Moq's avatar

I hope he puts in a few contact practices before playing a game. Another week would be sensible. Then again, there is no substitute for game experience.

All in all, I don’t think he’ll play on Sunday. But it won’t be long.

Posted by Moq from Denmark on 03/09/12 at 06:00 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

I don’t think he’s coming back against the Bs.

Posted by MoreShoot on 03/09/12 at 07:06 PM ET

JMK's avatar

I’d like to see him take his time and come back when it’s sensible to do so.  But I’ve got tickets to Sunday’s game.  It would be damn nice to be there when he does come back…..especially if it’s anything like the last time against the Islanders.

Posted by JMK on 03/09/12 at 07:37 PM ET

DrewBehr's avatar

Make your comeback Sunday, against one of the highest hitting/dirtiest playing teams in the league? Doesn’t seem like a good idea…

Side note: Pens + Crosby returning = scary Cup contender

Posted by DrewBehr from The Mitten on 03/09/12 at 07:40 PM ET

tuxedoTshirt's avatar

Seriously, just play whoever comes after Boston.

Posted by tuxedoTshirt from the Home of the 1937 World Champions on 03/09/12 at 07:43 PM ET

cs6687's avatar

That would be the Rangers. Then the Devils. Then the Flyers. All on the road. Might as well play Sunday.

Posted by cs6687 on 03/09/12 at 07:45 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

Seriously, just play whoever comes after Boston.

Take your pick: At NYR, at NJ, or at Philly.

Posted by MoreShoot on 03/09/12 at 07:48 PM ET

tuxedoTshirt's avatar

Those three teams are not physically initimidating.
(I’m in Vancouver, still in a puddle of my own urine.)
Seriously, NJ?  Is there some beef on that team?
Philly with 1/2 the D-core?
NYR with such beasts as Del Zotto?
Those are not bruiser teams.
Boychuk, Ference, McQuiad, Chara, Lucic….that’s who you don’t want running the kid.

Posted by tuxedoTshirt from the Home of the 1937 World Champions on 03/09/12 at 07:53 PM ET

I think he should wait until Thursday, just so he can get a couple more practices in.  Why rush to Sunday when the Pens have 3 and a half days off after that?

Posted by pens fan in baltimore on 03/09/12 at 09:07 PM ET

Flashtastick56's avatar

Those three teams are not physically initimidating.
(I’m in Vancouver, still in a puddle of my own urine.)
Seriously, NJ?  Is there some beef on that team?
Philly with 1/2 the D-core?
NYR with such beasts as Del Zotto?
Those are not bruiser teams.

Posted by tuxedoTshirt from home of the 1925 Stanley Cup Champs on 03/09/12 at 04:53 PM ET

Staal hurt his knee against NYR earlier this year (collision with Rupp) and Philly still has Hartnell…so…

I get your point, though.  I’m hoping he gets some more practices in before he plays.  But…if he’s okay, he’s okay.

I’m still fuzzy on whether or not he actually had a concussion this time or if it was his neck that was giving him concussion-like symptoms.

Posted by Flashtastick56 from Meriden, CT on 03/09/12 at 09:57 PM ET

UMFan's avatar

Ok, I’ll say it. I’d like to see him start to play next season. I think they should shut him down for the year . The man has what, three reported concussions with complications? Crosby is a franchising saving player. You know that teams are going to concentrate on hitting him every time they can during the playoffs. You willing to risk a fourth concussion and his long term career on one playoff run?

Posted by UMFan from Denver, Colorado on 03/10/12 at 02:28 AM ET

Moq's avatar

Given that he passed the concussion test after his last game in december, I think it’s plausible to blame the neck injury for the concussion-like symptoms that has kept him out since then.

But the precise injury record from the previous WInter Classic until now is shrouded in some mystery due to uncertainty caused by the initial diagnosis and treatment. Whether he suffered one concussion and a neck injury, or two concussions and a neck injury is unclear to me.

Personally, I think most of the problems comes from the neck injury, and that his faculties are in no real danger from hard hits. But that might be my optimistic nature speaking out loud.

Posted by Moq from Denmark on 03/10/12 at 02:03 PM ET