Video- Tyler Ennis Wins It In Overtime

Sabres now lead the series 3-2 and can wrap it up on Sunday.

Filed in: NHL Teams, Buffalo Sabres, Philadelphia Flyers, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: tyler+ennis

Comments

redxblack's avatar

I was going to shut this game off because it was out of hand. The Sabres were up 3-0 pretty early. They let the Flyers make a game of it. Leino looked really good. It’s too bad he didn’t work out in Detroit.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 04/23/11 at 01:09 AM ET

Huge win for Buffalo. They persevered after allowing Philly to come back into the game, which was encouraging. The best part, however, has to the way to kids have been playing since New Years. Ennis, Gerbe, Gragnani (and even Enroth) have all made major contributions. Throw in a second-year guy like Myers, along with the way Weber and Butler have developed, and the cavalry have arrived.  A great new owner, a few key offseason FA acquisitions (Montador has to go, and a center to replace Connolly being prime targets) and with guys like Kassian and Adam in the pipeline, the future has never been brighter for the Sabres, no matter what happens this post-season. The chance to knock out the hated Flyers only makes it sweeter.

Posted by Dan from Pittsburgh, PA on 04/23/11 at 01:34 AM ET

Boosh gift wrapped a three goal lead to the Sabres.  Then it was the same theme as the entire series:  Total domination by the Flyers, Miller keeps them in it.  Flyers have only themselves to blame for losing this one.  Sabres took advantage of the minimal chances they created, but were on thier heels most of the game.  I don’t know that this series is over.  Very interesting match-up - depth vs. bend-don’t-break defence.

Along with the once-dead Vancouver-Chicago and Boston-Montreal series, this one is providing excellent drama and entertainment.

Posted by Unicorn Force from DC (but like everyone here, I'm not a local) on 04/23/11 at 01:35 AM ET

the future has never been brighter for the Sabres

Three consecutive AHL Rookie Of the Year winners indicate that the franchise’s vector is pointing upward.  Wish they had been able to retain Lydman and Tallinder for a little veteran leadership on the blueline.

Once Kassian develops (and I suspect he’s at leat another year away from playing, three from having any sort of impact), they will be electrifying to watch.  Adding his moxie and size will be a perfect compliment for the smaller, skilled guys.

Posted by Unicorn Force from DC (but like everyone here, I'm not a local) on 04/23/11 at 01:42 AM ET

Nothing makes me feel better than hearing that Philly crowd go silent.  Really hope this is the last game they get to watch this year.

Posted by pens fan in baltimore on 04/23/11 at 01:50 AM ET

Nothing makes me feel better than hearing that Philly crowd go silent.

Kinda sad that the pinnacle of your emotional well-being is based on the failures of another team, rather than the success of your own.  Speaks volumes on the kind of person you are.  Good luck to you.  I hope it all works out.

Posted by Unicorn Force from DC (but like everyone here, I'm not a local) on 04/23/11 at 02:08 AM ET

Posted by Unicorn Force from DC (but like everyone here, I’m not a local) on 04/23/11 at 12:08 AM ET

I’m glad you can judge what kind of person I am just through my postings on a hockey site.  And what about yourself with all the name calling, personal attacks, and garbage that you spew?

Posted by pens fan in baltimore on 04/23/11 at 03:16 AM ET

OH?

Posted by Unicorn Force from DC (but like everyone here, I'm not a local) on 04/23/11 at 11:18 AM ET

Evilpens's avatar

Unicorn FART is a Flyers fan what do you expect! By the way Unicorn Fart how is that 4 Mill a Year 5th D Man Meszaros working along with NOO LEGIT Goalie working out for you & Senile Snider?

Posted by Evilpens on 04/23/11 at 11:43 AM ET

how is that 4 Mill a Year 5th D Man Meszaros working

Extremely well.  Thank you very little.

Posted by Unicorn Force from DC (but like everyone here, I'm not a local) on 04/23/11 at 12:59 PM ET

Evilpens's avatar

Unicorn Fart is a MAROON ! LOL

Posted by Evilpens on 04/23/11 at 01:57 PM ET

Hmmn… How’s Kovalev working out for you?

And interesting that you would ask that quesiton with Paul Martin running 5MM and Michalek running 4MM, both with less point production.

I am eager to read your next post, littered with gibberish, incoherent thought and mindless blather.

Posted by Unicorn Force from DC (but like everyone here, I'm not a local) on 04/23/11 at 02:47 PM ET

Evilpens's avatar

For a 7th Maybe 6th round pick about what I expected NOT MUCH !! Z & Martin have been overplayed by the MORON Bylsma because he has NO trust in Niskanen & Lovejoy BUT the genius has Niskanen & Lovejoy out up 2-1 with 3 Minutes to go in game 4 & the Bolts tied it up ! The Guy is utterly clueless.

Z & Martin playing way to many minutes & is catching up to them.

And again it goes back to the fact that they had to trade Gogo for Neal because Shero & Bylsma are In a NAMBLA like love affair with Staal & his 4 Mill a year Deal & he has the hands of Venus De Milo.

If you wanted to nail me on something the Pens have done incredibly wrong you should’ve brought up Staal & his 4 Mill a year deal, But not surprisingly you aren’t intelligent enough or Know enough about hockey to do that.

Posted by Evilpens on 04/23/11 at 04:09 PM ET

“You really are too stupid to insult.”

Posted by Unicorn Force from DC (but like everyone here, I'm not a local) on 04/23/11 at 06:55 PM ET

Evilpens's avatar

Kettle calling a Pot black Butthead

Good answer to my previous post too LOL

Posted by Evilpens on 04/23/11 at 07:06 PM ET