Video- Torres Hit On Seabrook Tonight

Raffi Torres received two for interference.  Brent Seabrook played a shift then went off to the dressing room.

The CBC feed first, followed by the VERSUS feed below…

added 9:58pm, I’ve added the hit Torres put on Jordan Eberle below.. It is the third video and you can compare the two hits.

added 10:56pm, On the Fly’s Craig Button and Billy Jaffe with their thoughts on the hit.  Fourth video below…

Torres hit on Jordan Eberle that cost him four games.  Tonight is his first game back from suspension.

Filed in: NHL Teams, Chicago Blackhawks, Vancouver Canucks, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: brent+seabrook, raffi+torres

Comments

« Previous        < 1 2

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

And have you seen the ass and thighs on a volleyball girl, holy shit.. I follow it religiously leaving a trail of kleenex and tears

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 04/18/11 at 02:27 AM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Red Wings fans are the worst homers in the sport of hockey, like yesterday when that pansy fell over and lost his footing, and Doan pushes him down, you are all calling for Doan’s head… what a joke… maybe someone will take out Datsyuk tomorrow in Phoenix, I hope he gets targeted and the Yotes start playing like they should against your old geezers team.
Hopefully we meet in the finals here and sweep your sorry ass next.
Great hit by Torres, cant wait till be lines up Wing players and does the same.
Posted by PuckHound61 from Speckville USA on 04/18/11 at 12:26 AM ET

wah wah, you say you want us.. but secretly you hope someone else does the dirty work.. that’s why you want someone to take out Pav, THEN meet up in the finals, haha.  cryyyyyy babaaaaayyyyy

“You guys better not say anything bad about a Canuck or yer stupid… what?  what’d you?? That’s it I’m telling!!!!!”

You are a weak pathetic troll and I relish the opportunity for the Wings to escort you out of the playoffs.  Don’t expect Torres type hits from our guys, we have class.  We will beat you, hands down no matter who’s in the line-up… except Joey MacDonald…

So from one Homer to another.. go *#$%@& yourself =)

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 04/18/11 at 02:31 AM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

I wouldnt quit your day job anytime soon Hockeytown, your attempt at humour at KK is rather, shall we say, crappy.
Posted by PuckHound61 from Speckville USA on 04/18/11 at 12:31 AM ET

yeah, your mother

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 04/18/11 at 02:32 AM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

btw, I wanted to officially apologize to my Red and White breathren for feeding the trolls.. feed’em once and they keep coming around, all habitualized and shit.. sorry.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 04/18/11 at 02:33 AM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

At work, 16 hour shift, I’ll go to bed a 6am when I get home.  Until then you’re stuck with me sweetness.. Love the I was here first arguement btw…

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 04/18/11 at 02:39 AM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

of course I troll a website that’s predominately supportive of my favorite team and coincidentally the greatest team in pro sports.. weird..

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 04/18/11 at 02:40 AM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

Awwww, Puckhound is scared that his buddy Torres is going to get rightfully suspended, so he’s trolling.

How adorable.

Guy’s a good-for-nothing goon and only the worst kind of people root for injuries to other teams’ star players.

Maybe because there’s a terrified realization in there that the Canucks can’t beat the Red Wings unless they’re missing players.  That’s why Samuelsson grabbed Datsyuk’s ankle in December to bring him down on the cheap, because he knows that nobody on Vancouver’s lineup is worthy of being on the same ice as Datsyuk.

You want bloodsports, go watch MMA.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 04/18/11 at 02:46 AM ET

John W.'s avatar

Posted by PuckHound61 from Speckville USA on 04/18/11 at 12:23 AM ET

Shoulder to chest?  You need an anatomy lesson.  I hope we do meet in the WCF, and Kronwall hits a Sedin on a LEGAL north-south hit and watch you bawl your eyes out when the shoes on the other foot.  Takes a special kind of idiot to defend Raffi Torres.  I suppose you’re a Matt Cooke fan too, huh?

Posted by John W. from a bubble wrap cocoon on 04/18/11 at 02:47 AM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

cheeeese wahhhh cheeese tray of cheeese whiners cheeeeese waaaaah.. moron, moron, moron.. wahhhhhh cheese tray wahhhh tray chese wah

Posted by PuckHound61 from Speckville USA on 04/18/11 at 12:53 AM ET

This isn’t even fun anymore, you are not worthy.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 04/18/11 at 02:56 AM ET

John W.'s avatar

Your goalies suck ass, and your playoff dreams wont go far, you know it deep down.

Your welcome.

Posted by PuckHound61 from Speckville USA on 04/18/11 at 12:53 AM ET

You have Roberto Luongo.  So, uh, yeah, let’s not talk about goalies.  I don’t remember Jimmy Howard ever crying after a loss.  7 game series, Detroit and Vancouver, yeah I like our chances.  Won’t matter tho, Vancouver won’t get by Nashville.  Maybe you and Luuuu can share a towel afterwards.  G’night sweetheart.  Have fun touching yourself while watching Matt Cooke and Scott Stevens videos in your mom’s basement.

Posted by John W. from a bubble wrap cocoon on 04/18/11 at 02:59 AM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

You’ve lost the battle because I keep saying cheese, that proves the hit was clean

Posted by PuckHound61 from Speckville USA on 04/18/11 at 01:00 AM ET

Did you not hear me son? I don’t get off work til 0530, I’m not goin anywhere smile  And how’s the guy who posts responces to all my posts gonna talk about posting too much?  I bet once you touch a pair of boobies for the first time you’ll stop being so… whatever anti-man is.. not exactly a woman or child.. lmao you’re like a lil Britney Spears ahahahahah YOu definitely have a tweener feel to your posts though.. almost feel bad being as vulgar as I am as you probably can’t get into R-rated movies…

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 04/18/11 at 03:06 AM ET

awould's avatar

It is funny to me that this has turned into a canuck and a red wing fan arguing. Guess the blackhawk fans have already given up.

For the record, i am a wings fan and though i think that torres is a dbag like tootoo or cooke, i do not think the seabrook hit is suspendable. 2 minutes was too much.  I also do not think the doan hit on franzen was dirty, just unfortunate.

I hope the wings and canucks meet in the wcf. Would be a great series. I would like to see Luongo cry again.

Posted by awould on 04/18/11 at 03:07 AM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

honestly if I wasn’t bored out of my mind I probably wouldn’t have even posted.. no one around here though and Skankhound offered to be my verbal punching bag this evening so I figured why not.

I told my buddy the other day, I HOPE we play the ‘Nucks, I want to play them just so the record is set straight.. I hope we tear the Yotes up, play Bubba, tear them up play the Nucks in the WCF (farthest the nucks have ever made it.. but WE’RE the shitty team) And I don’t care who we play in the east but the Canadiens would be AWESOME.. so would TB..

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 04/18/11 at 03:14 AM ET

Chet's avatar

back to reality. how many games does torres get?

Posted by Chet from twitter: thegansen on 04/18/11 at 03:15 AM ET

Did you not hear me son? I don’t get off work til 0530, I’m not goin anywhere   And how’s the guy who posts responces to all my posts gonna talk about posting too much?  I bet once you touch a pair of boobies for the first time you’ll stop being so… whatever anti-man is.. not exactly a woman or child.. lmao you’re like a lil Britney Spears ahahahahah YOu definitely have a tweener feel to your posts though.. almost feel bad being as vulgar as I am as you probably can’t get into R-rated movies…

I’m sorry, but Paul die and make you the owner and proprietor of Kukla’s Korner?  I get that you’re working until 5:30 but maybe you should take a few minutes away from posting here to actually do your job.  It’s sad, because I actually agree with you that this is a suspendable hit but the more you open your mouth the more I find myself sympathizing with the opposition.  You’ve made your point, get back to work.

This whole conversation about who has a right to comment and what they have a right to say makes me think of this:

Posted by RoneFace on 04/18/11 at 03:16 AM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

speaking of Paul dying and making you owner and proprietor of KK..

It is gettin’ a little offsides isn’t it?

Can’t a guy just have one night of pure posting extacy?  Guess not, I’ll take my ball and go home since you obviously can’t selectively read, I’ll unclutter the comments section for whatever else you do here besides comment.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 04/18/11 at 03:20 AM ET

awould's avatar

How many games?  Should be zero. I bet it is 1.  Hysteria reigns.

Posted by awould on 04/18/11 at 03:23 AM ET

Fk’en Hell!!!

I really dont get it!! Crosby takes one to the head and no suspension!!! Torres hits a guy who reaches for the puck in the offensive zone and he hits him….suspension? Seaboohoo chooses to look the other way when he gets the puck and gets hit….suspension? I figure you wanna play: keep yourself in an up right position with balance and look where you are going when you get the puck!!

I figure all you do gooders should be watching no contact hockey.

As far as Campbell…..he gives no credibility to the league….any one that tries to get some one fired because his kid was assessed a penalty…...is FukD. The league is bush league now.

Posted by JOHN from Edmonton on 04/18/11 at 03:30 AM ET

Fk’ en Hell!!

One last thing…..watching the games today…...there was a lot of charging (leaving the ice when delivering body contact) and no penalties.

Interesting to see if the elbow to Kesllers head warrants a suspension?

It appears in the NHL, repeat offenders are selected by Campbell. Fk hard for the rest (CHARA) to be a repeat offender when you don’t give the warranted suspension in the first place.

Bush league!!

Posted by JOHN from Edmonton on 04/18/11 at 03:39 AM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

see ya shitbag smile

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 04/18/11 at 03:46 AM ET

That check can’t be considered blind side when he is hit from the front, Seabrook should have been more aware of what was going on around him.  The head shot is debatable, he did make partial contact with the head but it wasn’t a full out head shot.  If you look closely the puck was right at his stick as the contact was being made, so shouldn’t have even been interference.  How is this hit any different then the Willie Mitchell Hit on Toews?  They are taking out that high intensity of the game by analyzing ever huge hit that happens, nobody wants to watch a senior mens rub out style game.  It’s a high collision sport, of course risks will be associated with it.  It’s that split second you let your guard down that these hits happen.  Anyone that has actually played hockey wouldn’t have let that hit pass especially in playoffs, big hits create momentum changes, that’s his job is to make hits, deal with it.  Anyone that says they would have played the puck can continue enjoying recreational old timers hockey.

Posted by Adam from Winnipeg on 04/18/11 at 04:09 AM ET

Here are a few thoughts:
1) Steve Staios on the TSN panel dissecting the play: “I’ve been caught in that position before and been hit and you blame yourself”
As seemingly everyone here is an avid fan, rather than an actual player, the 3rd thing you learn in hockey, after skating and puck control, is keeping your head up. Theres a reason they teach you this lesson when you are 5. You have to keep your head on a swivel. The game is to fast to be looking backwards and skating forwards nowadays - the fact that the hit is “blindside” is more to do with Seabrook skating one way and looking the other, rather than Torres charging because Seabrook is facing the other way (e.g. Matt Cooke on Marc Savard). If Seabrook had simply turned around and had been skating backwards and FACING the puck, the entire play would have ended differently and most likely safely.
2) Bob McKenzie: “Remember, in the NHL, there are circumstances where a shoulder hitting an unsuspecting or vulnerable player in the head is entirely legal.” He followed this statement by explaining that in the March 2010 DVD given to clubs and those “insiders” tied to the NHL, there were documented instances of what exactly rule 48 is, and this, as would appear most every ruling in the NHL, falls into a “grey” area, wherein behind the net looking the wrong direction happens to be a potential loop hole in the rule.
3) The timing of this hit could not have been any worse, and it puts the NHL in a very difficult position. I believe should they suspend Torres on this hit, there should at no point be any more excuses not to throw the book at players for this type of instance, ESPECIALLY star players (see: Ryan Getzlaf). They are lucky they are dealing with a grinding plug rather than a superstar. I think we would all be examining this entire issue under a different lens, if say, Crosby dropped the boom on Seabrook (I’m laughing reading that, too).
4) In a league that has “renewed its commitment” to the safety of players, why the puck was Seabrook not taken to the quiet room after having his ear stapled to his shoulder, which was then plastered to the ice? And then the trainer takes him back on a legal hit? Now while I do think that this hit probably does warrant a suspension or disciplinary action, I think that an inquiry into the actions of Coach Q (and training staff) taken after the hit is equally warranted. Seems like he tried to evade losing one quarter of his defense for 15 minutes rather than looking to protect his player.

Posted by Liam on 04/18/11 at 07:02 AM ET

Donald S. Cherry says:

NOW YOU KIDS - YOU KIDS GOTTA LISTEN TO ME - WHEN YOU GO BEHIND THE NET, AND YOU’RE GONNA TAKE THAT PASS, REMEMBER - YOU GOT TO KEEP YOUR HEAD UP!  IF YOU GOT YOUR HEAD DOWN, AND YOU GO LOOKING FOR THAT PUCK IN YOUR FEET, THAT GUY’S GONNA COME DOWN THERE, AND WHAM!  NEXT THING, YOU’RE SITTING ON THE BENCH WONDERIN WHAT THAT WAS THAT JUST HIT YA!  SO YOU KIDS, YOU REMEMBER TO KEEP YOUR HEAD UP, RIGHT?

Posted by Smokey from BC on 04/18/11 at 07:34 AM ET

Paul's avatar

Just in case anyone cares, I am still alive.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 04/18/11 at 07:41 AM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

For the “keep your head up” argument, there are simply times when you will not have your head up.  Watch any player in any game and he will not have his head “up” 100% of the time.

There’s a reasonable expectation that, when you do not have the puck, you should not be hit.  Putting your head down to skate after a puck is something that hockey players do all of the time.  Torres’ hit is dirty.  It’s not about taking checking out of the game like some of the screeching neanderthals are crying, it’s about taking head-hunting out of the game.

If the puck is on Seabrook’s stick and Torres makes this hit, I have zero problem with this play.  As the facts stand, I want him to sit for a longer time than he sat on the Eberle hit, considering they’re basically the same play.

Finally, the last thing I’ll say to Puckhound before he gets out of school today where they’re hopefully teaching the difference between “your” and “you’re” today:

My goalie has a cup championship ring.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 04/18/11 at 11:25 AM ET

Yeah, not sure some people here have played hockey, “keep yourself in an up right position with balance and look where you are going when you get the puck!!”

unless you play with one hand on your stick at all times, can you explain to me how you “keep yourself in an up right position” when you play the puck? what are we on an airplane here?

Posted by Paul from C on 04/18/11 at 12:55 PM ET

Leo_Racicot's avatar

Is the league also revewing the Hjlmarrson hit last night later in the third?  Dude left his feet right along the boards, no stick on the rink, fists up in the air ready to take off the oppositions head.

That’s what I thought.

Posted by Leo_Racicot on 04/18/11 at 01:04 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

Then you should not be playing the game.

Now go crawl back in the hole you came out of, and quit trying to pansify the game we love, dipshit.

Posted by PuckHound61 from Speckville USA on 04/18/11 at 11:08 AM ET

You don’t even watch hockey, do you?

Science could learn a lot from somebody as dumb as you.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 04/18/11 at 01:16 PM ET

Then you should not be playing the game.

Watch a game.  There’s not a single player who has ever played the game who has kept his head up at all times.

Are you just trying to be ridiculous?  If so, let us all in on the joke so we can enjoy it together.  What fun is it to play a prank and not let enyone in on it?

Posted by Garth on 04/18/11 at 02:20 PM ET

Pansify the game some more dipshit.

You’ve convinced me.  Hockey should be about hitting.  In fact, let’s replace the sticks with bats and take away the pucks, so they can just pummel eachother and not have to worry about putting the rubber thing in the crappy ropy box thing.

Posted by Garth on 04/18/11 at 02:57 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

Look at us, we stick up for each other, we are proud and we are Wings fans.

Pansify the game some more dipshit.

Posted by PuckHound61 from Speckville USA on 04/18/11 at 12:28 PM ET

You have nothing more to say on the topic, so you attack the person.

Great job, caveman.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 04/18/11 at 03:02 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

do I think Torres hit him in the head?  yes.

do I think Torres knew exactly what he was doing?  yes.

do I think it’s time for players to learn not to skate one direction while looking in the opposite direction?  yes.

but that doesn’t make what Torres did OK.  it’s not like Seabrook had JUST turned his head a split second before impact, and had seen Torres coming.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 04/18/11 at 03:09 PM ET

MsRedWingFan's avatar

glad IT has that avatar so we can just skip reading the blather

cool grin

Posted by MsRedWingFan from West Michigan hometown of Abdelkader on 04/18/11 at 07:35 PM ET

UH! Keep your head up. What part of that message which is pounded into every young hockey player who laces up the skates did Seabrook not figure out. I guess Seabrook missed that practice.

Posted by Storm Trooper on 04/22/11 at 02:12 AM ET