Video- Rangers Thought They Tied The Game

But goalie interference was called on Marian Gaborik of the Rangers with four seconds left.

Devils win 1-0.

Filed in: NHL Teams, New Jersey Devils, New York Rangers, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

mrfluffy's avatar

So the Canucks can score like that but not the Rags?

Weird.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 02/08/12 at 01:18 AM ET

DocF's avatar

The puck was outside the crease and Gaborik ran over the goalie.  End of story.  Once in a great while, the refs get one right.

Posted by DocF from Now: Lynn Haven, FL; was Reidsville, NC on 02/08/12 at 02:40 AM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

So uh, he wasn’t pushed? Or this the dreaded Zetterberg touch that launches a guy 10 feet across the ice?

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 02/08/12 at 03:50 AM ET

DrewBehr's avatar

As a Wings fan, I’ve certainly seen my share of bullshit goalie interference calls. Some calls have been deserving and some (*cough*many*cough*) have been blatantly wrong. They will never be perfected and many are calls based on reputation.

But I feel, if a player is pushed and/or driven into the goalie, causing interference, then play should be allowed to continue. I’ve seen too many instances where a player is charging the net, pulls up and the defenseman drives him from behind into the goalie. I’m not against d-men clearing out the front of the net, but if they know that they can force interference and possibly draw a penalty/deny a goal, they’ll do it repeatedly.

Posted by DrewBehr from The Mitten on 02/08/12 at 05:15 AM ET

phillyd's avatar

I think if he leaves his arms down and doesn’t contact the face/helmet, then it wouldn’t have been called. It’s border-line and if I was a fan of the Rangers, I’d probably say it was a bad call and vice-versa if I were a Devils fan.

Posted by phillyd from Southern New Jersey on 02/08/12 at 12:26 PM ET

tuxedoTshirt's avatar

Posted by mrfluffy from Long Beach on 02/08/12 at 12:50 AM ET

Jesus christ let it go man.  There is no way you watched the re-match if you are still crying.

Posted by tuxedoTshirt from the Home of the 1937 World Champions on 02/08/12 at 03:19 PM ET