Video- Phaneuf Hit On Da Costa

Dion Phaneuf with a big hit on Stephane Da Costa.

Filed in: NHL Teams, Ottawa Senators, Toronto Maple Leafs, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: dion+phaneuf, stephane+da+costa

Comments

mrfluffy's avatar

Same old Phaneuf. Ok Steviesteve, here’s yet another hit that could’ve been avoided entirely if someone was more concerned about defense instead of killing someone.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 10/09/11 at 03:48 AM ET

Seems to me the defensmans job is to separate the forward from the puck and that is exactly what Phaneuf did.  That hit is a perfect example of a good clean hit on a forward coming across the middle of the ice with his head down. I bet you DaCosta will be a little more aware next time!

Posted by Leafs13 on 10/09/11 at 01:09 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

That’s a fantastic hit.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 10/09/11 at 01:53 PM ET

CPSLOgoalie31's avatar

That is a picture perfect hit.  Pure beauty.

Posted by CPSLOgoalie31 from San Luis Obispo, CA on 10/09/11 at 03:32 PM ET

phillyd's avatar

Shoulder to the sternum, perfect hit as far as I can tell.

Posted by phillyd from Southern New Jersey on 10/09/11 at 03:44 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

If leveling a player that’s already being defended by one d-man and the backchecking forward already has good position to lift his stick is a good hit, then I stand corrected. I still don’t see the need to kill a guy who’s already lost the puck.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 10/09/11 at 05:39 PM ET

Chris from NOHS's avatar

Fantastic hit.  If this ever gets taken out of the game, hockey is finished.

Posted by Chris from NOHS from Columbus, OH/Grand Rapids, MI on 10/09/11 at 07:39 PM ET