Video- Jason Chimera Hit On Adam Mcquaid

Chimera received 5 for charging and a game, Mcquaid will not return.

Filed in: NHL Teams, Boston Bruins, Washington Capitals, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: adam+mcquaid, jason+chimera

Comments

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

HF boards blowing up over this one lol

strides has no factor in this.  Dude was skating.. he a fuching hockey player.. he did leap into his hit though.. thus charging.. don’t know where all the complaints about his “14” strides off the bench.. fuching ridiculous

McQuaid turned his numbers to Chimmers,  Chimmurs jump into the hit.  Both at fault but if Chimmers isn’t breaking the rules, McQuaid doesn’t get injured (presumably, since it’d have been significantly less force)  Think you leave it as it was called.  Fine at the most.

Didn’t see targeting of the head, but I only watched the thing once.  Let me know if there was, changes my opinions.. not that it really matters wink

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 03/29/12 at 11:11 PM ET

He actually doesn’t seem to leave his feet until contact, and stopped skating at or before the goal line. I agree that you leave it as called but I think the game misconduct was too much.

Strides meant nothing just more craptastic play by play from the worst duo in the league. He was in on the forecheck. I guess you can’t skate to the puck now if a player has it.

Posted by Moocat on 03/30/12 at 12:46 AM ET

tuxedoTshirt's avatar

Charging is taking 3 steps and hitting a guy without significantly gliding before contact.  So obviously this is charging.  And I hate McQuaid.

Posted by tuxedoTshirt from the Home of the 1937 World Champions on 03/30/12 at 12:50 AM ET

So many haters…. It was charging, he was penalized, league won’t suspend him because Shanahan has no balls and is probably the biggest management disappointment in this league since Bettman.

P.S. McQuaid is the man, STFU

Posted by Scorpion on 03/30/12 at 09:38 AM ET

redxblack's avatar

Chimera is a chickensh*t who makes chickensh*t plays pretty much on the reg. The league would be better without his bush league gooning. I wish the NHLPA would get aggressive with attempts to injure when they’re so blatant.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 03/30/12 at 11:20 AM ET

Paul's avatar

NHL won’t take this hit any further.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 03/30/12 at 12:31 PM ET

DrewBehr's avatar

Can we implement a rule where the home feeds of Bruins games can no longer be posted? I absolutely can’t stand Jack Edwards’ homerism.

Posted by DrewBehr from The Mitten on 03/30/12 at 02:13 PM ET

McQuaid turns. That he goes face first into the glass is 100% his fault.

That said, I do think the NHL should get a little more serious about guys taking about a million strides on the way to an expected hit.

Posted by larry from pitt on 03/30/12 at 02:28 PM ET

@ Paul of course they won’t, they didn’t on the two clippings Boston players received this season, one in which was the same game Marchand got a suspension for the same type of hit.

They didn’t on the Subban follow through head shot on Krejci, they won’t here.Whatever bias Brendon Shanahan has against Boston I have no idea. But it’s obvious at this point.

Chimera zeroed in on Mcquaid the second he hopped over the boards, had Darth Quader not turned at the last second maybe he wouldn’t have gotten hurt, still it was a full fledged deliberate charge from the bench to the end board with intent. Chimera is another resident NHL goon. He takes cheap shots on a regular basis.

Had it been a Detroit player it would have been 2 games easy if not more.

Posted by Realmk from Boston on 03/30/12 at 02:57 PM ET

Chimera is a chickensh*t who makes chickensh*t plays pretty much on the reg.

Chimera is another resident NHL goon. He takes cheap shots on a regular basis.

Since when?  I know him as being an extremely fast skater, not “goon”.  I did a little Googling on Chimera and excluded results from the prior 24 hours.  I’m not saying he’s Lady Byng material, but I am curious how one comes to the conclusion that this is a normal and/or expected thing for him, or that he is a “goon” or a “chickensh*t” for that matter.

Are these opinions coming from his tenure with the Blue Jackets?  I will admit to not having paid a whole lot of attention to him until he moved east.  (I’m legitimately curious; maybe there’s something I’m missing.)

Posted by GregAnnapolis on 03/30/12 at 04:22 PM ET