Video- Glenn Healy Not Impressed With Ference Goal Salute

What do you think?

added 11:44pm, from the CP at The Hockey News,

Such a gesture usually incurs fine or even a suspension from the NHL, but Ference said it was unintentional.

‘‘I just saw it and I know it looks really bad, but I can assure you that is not part of who I am,’’ said Ference. ‘‘I apologize.

‘‘That is not part of my repertoire. My glove got caught up there.’‘

Filed in: NHL Teams, Boston Bruins, Montreal Canadiens, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: andrew+ference

Comments

The real question is, what did Jack Edwards think?

Posted by Unicorn Force from DC (but like everyone here, I'm not a local) on 04/22/11 at 12:45 AM ET

anyone who has worn hockey gloves knows that a finger or two can get caught up when you clench a fist. So I am not quite sure you can prove it either way.  I got to hope that the dude wouldn’t blatantly lie, and I would like to belive him, but go figure, in Montreal he will probably have to show up in court for it

Posted by Joe from NY on 04/22/11 at 12:53 AM ET

cs6687's avatar

Criminal investigation to commence in 3…2…

Posted by cs6687 on 04/22/11 at 01:54 AM ET

redxblack's avatar

He didn’t try to decapitate anyone, so a single game suspension is out of order. They’ll give him 20, because this league makes no sense.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 04/22/11 at 02:04 AM ET

The Hurricane's avatar

Hahaha….classy….typical and classy. I find this video redolent.

Posted by The Hurricane on 04/22/11 at 02:19 AM ET

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 04/22/11 at 01:04 AM ET

And send him to a psychiatrist. Ference should have just speared somebody in the junk so the fine would be less money, too.

Posted by steviesteve on 04/22/11 at 08:34 AM ET

Rdwings28's avatar

I know, I know!!! My hand gets caught up that way a lot this time of year too!!!!

Posted by Rdwings28 on 04/22/11 at 08:43 AM ET

Sheesh… What a pile of b.s. If it is not in one’s repertoire then one would never be seen doing it.

Posted by HockeyBias.com from Minnesota on 04/22/11 at 09:23 AM ET

Krononymous's avatar

The best laugh I’ve had in a while!  I suppose he should have blown kisses like Jumbo Joe?

Moving on…

Posted by Krononymous on 04/22/11 at 09:59 AM ET

Anything that enrages Glenn Healy makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Ference is a stand up guy and probably did not do that intentionally. This is a total non-story.

Posted by Iggy Rules on 04/22/11 at 10:07 AM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

This is a total non-story.

these days, that is exactly what turns into the biggest story.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 04/22/11 at 10:52 AM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Suck it up, Habs fans. You’re so friggin’ arrogant there isn’t a sane person alive that doesn’t want to shake Ference’s hand after that gesture.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 04/22/11 at 12:11 PM ET