Video- Giroux’s Hit On Zubrus Tonight

Giroux received 2 for illegal check to the head and Zubrus is back on the ice for the 3rd period.

added 9:56pm, Another version of the hit via HNIC is below…

Filed in: NHL Teams, New Jersey Devils, Philadelphia Flyers, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: claude+giroux, dainius+zubrus

Comments

It looked pretty high. I doubt Shanahan will do anything.

Posted by timbits on 05/06/12 at 11:37 PM ET

goon's avatar

Giroux needs to sit for a game or two.

Posted by goon from Grand Forks, ND on 05/06/12 at 11:47 PM ET

He should get a game.  Neal got a game for less against Giroux.  With that being said Shanadouche won’t do a thing.

Posted by Justin from USA on 05/06/12 at 11:51 PM ET

Primis's avatar

He should get a game.  You know, the remainder of Philly’s season.

Seriously though, I told my wife when we saw the hit in real-time that Giroux was done for the year, and that he’s starting to get a rep I don’t think he wants to have.  I’m incredibly disappointed with what I see him trying to get away with this playoffs.

Posted by Primis on 05/07/12 at 01:07 AM ET

He should be suspended for one game. The series is over on tuesday away. Plus it sends a message that superstars aren’t exempt from same punishment. But Shanban working the wheel of justice as we speak!

Posted by FlyersFan on 05/07/12 at 01:30 AM ET

That was a perfect example of headhunting, Shanny should make sure he’s gone for the rest of this series (probably one game). Giroux had a concussion this year, he should be the last guy hitting people in the head on purpose. Shanny has to find a way to get these guys under control.

Giroux had been one of my favorite players prior to this post-season. However his antics this post-season have soured me as a fan, much the way Crosby’s behavior did in round one.

Posted by Iggy_Rules on 05/07/12 at 10:12 AM ET

Paul's avatar

11am hearing for Giroux according to Nick Kypreos tweet.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 05/07/12 at 10:23 AM ET