Video- Doughty Cross-Check

Drew Doughty received 2 minutes for cross-checking and after the game reports were T.J. Oshie was OK.

Filed in: NHL Teams, Los Angeles Kings, St. Louis Blues, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: drew+doughty, t.j.+oshie

Comments

awould's avatar

Speaking for everybody with Doughty on their fantasy roster, I believe that hit was sufficiently penalized and no further action is warranted. Carry on, nothing to see here.

Posted by awould on 11/23/11 at 12:20 PM ET

wolverine's avatar

If I’m Shanny, I just shake my head and wonder “when will you learn?”  Guy is 3 feet from the boards and you cross check him in the small of his back.  What’s to be gained besides a guy being paralyzed?

Posted by wolverine on 11/23/11 at 02:06 PM ET

awould's avatar

Posted by wolverine on 11/23/11 at 12:06 PM ET

Normally I’d agree. But I need some points…

Posted by awould on 11/23/11 at 02:19 PM ET

Paul's avatar

NEW YORK (Nov. 23, 2011) – Los Angeles Kings defenseman Drew Doughty has been fined $2,500, the maximum allowed under the Collective Bargaining Agreement, for cross-checking St. Louis forward T.J. Oshie into the boards in NHL Game No. 298 Tuesday night in St. Louis, the National Hockey League’s Department of Player Safety announced today.

The incident occurred at 19:58 of the third period. A minor penalty for cross-checking was assessed on the play.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 11/23/11 at 04:02 PM ET

talk about sending a strong message.

Posted by tuxedoTshirt on 11/23/11 at 05:47 PM ET