Video- Devils/Rangers Start Off Their Game With A Brawl

00:03 New Jersey Ryan Carter: 5 minutes, fighting
00:03 NY Rangers Brandon Prust: 5 minutes, fighting
00:03 New Jersey Cam Janssen: 5 minutes, fighting
00:03 NY Rangers Mike Rupp: 5 minutes, fighting
00:03 New Jersey Eric Boulton: 5 minutes, fighting
00:03 New Jersey Bryce Salvador: 10 minutes, misconduct

Filed in: NHL Teams, New Jersey Devils, New York Rangers, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

scotts0's avatar

That looked like a choreographed dance video.  That looked pretty idiotic to me.

Posted by scotts0 from New York on 03/19/12 at 10:40 PM ET

Paul's avatar

scotts0, you are so right, everyone in the building new it was coming.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 03/19/12 at 10:43 PM ET

scotts0's avatar

Those guys don’t hold a candle to the Wings/Avs of old…

Posted by scotts0 from New York on 03/19/12 at 10:46 PM ET

old time hockey!

Posted by wingsnut25 from Cheboygan, MI on 03/19/12 at 10:50 PM ET

Premeditated fighting in that quantity, that early is a poor way to promote the sport, \

Ever see a WWE attack before someone gets in the ring, that is what this smells of.

and the NJ D-men need to get their stick out of the way.

Posted by Cubanpuckstopper on 03/19/12 at 10:55 PM ET

Thanks Paul That was awesome.

Posted by Scooter Kelly from Medicine Hat on 03/19/12 at 10:57 PM ET

It was pre-meditated for sure, but I don’t doubt there was genuine emotion and hatred behind it.

Posted by Chris M from Ottawa on 03/20/12 at 01:23 AM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

I’d sure hate if every hockey game started this way.

... but it doesn’t.  In fact, I don’t remember the last time I saw a game start like that.  In rare cases, this is awesome.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 03/20/12 at 03:32 AM ET

D-line's avatar

makes me miss the days when Probie and Kocur were patroling the ice at the Joe

Posted by D-line on 03/20/12 at 09:22 AM ET

Primis's avatar

Both coaches should each at least be fined, or suspended.  Icing those guys on starting lines means you’re going along with it.

Get this crap out of the game.  There’s nothing awesome about it.

Posted by Primis on 03/20/12 at 09:22 AM ET

D-line's avatar

I’m not saying I want this to be the norm, watching it just made me remember a totally different era of hockey.

Posted by D-line on 03/20/12 at 10:36 AM ET

Zaze's avatar

wish we coulda had a camera on the torts stare down before it started

Posted by Zaze on 03/20/12 at 12:26 PM ET

Primis: Shut your cake hole!!!

Posted by Jason on 03/20/12 at 02:31 PM ET

I dont care what anyone says… this was very exciting… staged fighting belongs in the game!

Posted by Kale on 03/20/12 at 04:08 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Posted by Jason on 03/20/12 at 12:31 PM ET

How much do you bench?

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 03/20/12 at 04:19 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

Notice all the fans throwing their popcorn and programs down and storming off in disgust…

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 03/20/12 at 04:25 PM ET

Hippy Dave's avatar

While I see the logic in the minds of the “this is rediculous” camp…

That was awesome.  Brings me back..

Posted by Hippy Dave from Portland by way of Detroit on 03/20/12 at 04:52 PM ET