Video- Chris Stewart Hit On Niklas Kronwall

Stewart received five for hitting from behind and a game, Kronwall returned in the 2nd period.

Filed in: NHL Teams, Detroit Red Wings, St. Louis Blues, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: chris+stewart, niklas+kronwall

Comments

scotts0's avatar

I missed the game, but did any Wings grow a pair of balls and take care of Stewart for that hit?  My guess is no.

Posted by scotts0 from New York on 11/16/11 at 11:50 AM ET

Krononymous's avatar

Yes, they stepped up but the officials stepped in right away and broke it up.  That wasn’t the issue, the issue was with the power play or lack thereof.

Posted by Krononymous on 11/16/11 at 11:57 AM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

We’re back to not knowing what’s suspendable, so I don’t know what’s going to happen with this hit.  It happened in the first and got Stewart kicked out of the game, so they’re already going to consider that one game lost for delivering that hit.  I honestly wouldn’t be surprised to see him get nothing after the Lucic decision.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 11/16/11 at 12:05 PM ET

Forlorn in VA's avatar

I agree with J.J., while I think it deserves a Shanaban, I won’t be surprised if it doesn’t happen.

Posted by Forlorn in VA on 11/16/11 at 12:15 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Suspension or not, this is one of those hits that never should happen. It’s nothing more that a clear lack of respect. Thankfully Kronner returned to the game, but there’s no excuse to hit anyone in that position and place on the ice.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 11/16/11 at 12:28 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Stewart has a meeting at 11am today.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 11/16/11 at 01:24 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Just a dumb hit, he hit him in the numbers, and followed through with a push.  Don’t know that it was INTENT to injure, but was reckless and stupid regardless.

The most-damning thing about the hit though is that he didn’t need to make it, and the hit served no real purpose.  He wasn’t in position to knock him off the puck with it, nor was he protecting anything with it.

Posted by Primis on 11/16/11 at 01:42 PM ET

Evilpens's avatar

Glad he is alright, That was ugly when I saw it on the VS Game the Pens were Playing with the Avs.

My reaction when I saw it was YIKES! Hope he’s alright, & then they showed him back on the bench

Posted by Evilpens on 11/16/11 at 02:07 PM ET