Trade Joe Thornton?

Randy Hahn, TV play by play man for the San Jose Sharks, answers some fan mail…

Randy, I have the Sharks Stanley Cup recipe.  First they need to trade Joe Thornton to St. Louis for David Backes. Next they need to sign Owen Nolan. Then they have to play Nick Petrecki all season.  Logan Couture should move to the first line.  Then I would trade Walin, Huskins & Mitchell for Sheldon Souray or Marc Staal. And have Derek Joslin fill the extra spot on defense. This should keep the Sharks under the cap as well.

You certainly have some drastic ideas to shake up the Sharks,  Zubair. The problem is they hardly need the drastic kind of changes that you suggest. After all, they won the Western Conference in the regular season and got to the final four in the playoffs.  I like Backes,  but for Joe Thornton? Come on!  if Doug Wilson made a trade like that he’d be booed by Sharks fans worse than Pronger and Fleury combined!  My take on the team is that they need more consistent play from their 3rd and 4th lines, especially in the playoffs, and they need to find a puck moving defenseman from either inside the organization or elsewhere.  And obviously the goaltending has to come through….

more at San Jose Sharks Fan Zone…

Filed in: NHL Teams, San Jose Sharks, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: randy+hahn

Comments

SK77's avatar

I think the link is here – http://media.fans.sharks.nhl.com/_Un-stuffing-my-summer-mailbag/blog/2579323/122899.html

Posted by SK77 on 08/25/10 at 03:48 PM ET

This is my favourite part:

“...Walin, Huskins & Mitchell for Sheldon Souray or Marc Staal...”

Either Souray or Staal is the missing piece, either way they go to the finals.

Posted by NathanBC on 08/25/10 at 03:48 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Thanks sk for the link change, now fixed in the post.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 08/25/10 at 03:50 PM ET

pjwalny's avatar

Joe Thornton can rot in hell for all I care. I truly hope he does.

Remember how he was playing cheap after the sharks had the lead on us in round two. They had the lead and Joe kept talking trash. Dont forget when he iced Howard right in the face.

The Red Wings are the most successful team and you never see them talking trash or showboating when they have the lead. There is a reason why we are the wings and they are just the sharks who never make it all the way come playoff time.

Joe Thornton will get whats coming to him for being a jerk. Im sure of that. Maybe he already has, because the Sharks never make it.

In fact I dont think I have ever met a sharks fan?

Posted by pjwalny from Not Detroit, evidently?? on 08/25/10 at 06:03 PM ET

pjwalny's avatar

I hope Joe gets hit by a bus! Better yet, i hope that bus hits him and he just gets paralyzed and still lives.

I wrote this in the other post.

I have never seen such a rude, trash talking, showboating jerk like Joe.

When the sharks had the lead in the playoffs last year, he was going out of his way to talk trash and instigate fights. On two different occasions, he iced Howard right in face as he was covering a puck.

The Wings have had lots of success and you have not and will not ever see them playing dirty of showboating.

I have a friend who works in the press and covered the wings in San Jose, you would not believe the things Joe says when he talks trash. Seriously, you would not believe! If someone ask me I will repeat a couple of the things I was told he said. They are something along the lines of this: Lets say you were on the ice against joe, imagine you have a mentally disabled or mentally retarded family member, he would say something horrific and make fun of them. Merely to throw you off your game. What kind of person would do such a thing? Could you imagine?

I personally would punch him, I have a family member who taught special ed, and for someone to make fun of the disabled to evil, pure evil.

So if you think Im being harsh, just imagine him making fun of your family.

I hope he gets hit by a bus.

Posted by pjwalny from Not Detroit, evidently?? on 08/25/10 at 06:14 PM ET

For more information and in depth analysis on the Sharks Stanley Cup Recipe (10-11) visit thoughtsofziggypop.blogspot.com/

Posted by Zubair on 08/28/10 at 08:17 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Zubair, Instead of linking to your website, here is a better idea.

Go in your KK member profile and add your hyperlink there.  It will be linked to your screen name whenever you post on KK.

If you want people to see your website, you can also post in the KK Member Blog section.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 08/28/10 at 08:40 PM ET