Toronto Trades Petr Mrazek To Chicago

Filed in: NHL Teams, Chicago Blackhawks, Toronto Maple Leafs, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

ilovehomers's avatar

There will always be someone around to save a cap strapped team

Posted by ilovehomers on 07/07/22 at 10:20 PM ET

d ca's avatar

Throw an offer sheet at Sandin put them back in cap hell…

Posted by d ca on 07/07/22 at 10:22 PM ET

d ca nailed it.

Posted by pnwwing on 07/07/22 at 10:47 PM ET

TreKronor's avatar

Lol. Chicago is in Full. On. Tank.

I would rather have retired Jimmy Howard playing on my team.

Posted by TreKronor on 07/07/22 at 11:00 PM ET

Hippy Dave's avatar

They’re making a legit play for Bedard.

Posted by Hippy Dave from Somewhere West of Detroit on 07/08/22 at 12:43 AM ET

I like how Mrazek’s eventful history of
bouncing around teams keeps causing little flare ups
of the ancient case of Mrazek vs. Howard with
Ken Holland as defendant.

Mrazek will get to play a lot in Chicago..if not win a lot
…if he can stay healthy.

Not that Toronto didn’t need to make a move like this.
But Dubas had to give away a first round pick for a signing he
chose to make just a year ago. Toronto’s entries in HockeyDB
are going to look as spare as Detroit’s when Kenny was
throwing them around the league. Toronto’s still gotta pull off
the big win(s) that’ll justify going for broke with this core.

Posted by lefty.30 on 07/08/22 at 05:33 AM ET

I would rather have retired Jimmy Howard playing on my team.

Posted by TreKronor on 07/07/22 at 11:00 PM ET

surprised

Posted by exor54 on 07/08/22 at 06:48 AM ET

What a joke and slimy move by Dubas.

He literally does an interview in the last day saying how great Peter is and that he’s in their plans. Then he trades him away at the draft.

He should have just kept his mouth shut and been a decent human being instead of trying to trick people and especially Peter.

I can’t imagine the conversation went “hey Peter I’m going to tell the media I’m not trading you but I’m going to.”

Posted by retrospecd on 07/08/22 at 07:28 AM ET

ilovehomers's avatar

Frank Seravalli
@frank_seravalli
I’m told #Leafs had considered a number of different options leading up to picking and worked closely with Mrazek today, who was helpful to process with no-trade clause and open to a deal to play elsewhere.

Posted by ilovehomers on 07/08/22 at 08:54 AM ET