Kukla's Korner Hockey
by Paul on 01/11/07 at 03:18 AM ET
NEW YORK (January 10, 2007) –The New York Rangers were the top-selling team in the NHL.com store in the December holiday season. For the third consecutive month, the Buffalo Sabres had the highest percentage increase in team sales in the NHL.com store compared to last year with an increase of approximately 214%. Overall, sales of NHL-licensed merchandise on NHL.com were up more than 23% compared to last December.
Twenty-two of the 30 NHL teams outsold their December 2005 products on NHL.com. The Edmonton Oilers (128%) and Carolina Hurricanes (117%) more than doubled sales of merchandise. Other notable increases in December: Atlanta Thrashers (75%), Washington Capitals (61%), Pittsburgh Penguins (59%), New York Rangers (54%), Anaheim Ducks (54%), Montreal Canadiens (47%), Minnesota Wild (36%), Florida Panthers (35%), and San Jose Sharks (35%). DVDs dominated sales on NHL.com during the busy holiday month of December. The “Philadelphia Flyers 10 Greatest Games” DVD set and “NHL’s Greatest Moments” were the top two-selling items on NHL.com respectively.
Top 20 Selling Player Jerseys on Shop.NHL.com (December 2006)
1. Sidney Crosby, Pittsburgh Penguins
2. Henrik Lundqvist, New York Rangers
3. Jaromir Jagr, New York Rangers
4. Joe Sakic, Colorado Avalanche
5. Alex Ovechkin, Washington Capitals
6. Brendan Shanahan, New York Rangers
7. Peter Forsberg, Philadelphia Flyers
8. Mike Modano, Dallas Stars
9. Martin Brodeur, New Jersey Devils
10. Vincent Lecavalier, Tampa Bay Lightning
11. Ilya Kovalchuk, Atlanta Thrashers
12. Rick DiPietro, New York Islanders
13. Patrice Bergeron, Boston Bruins
Simon Gagne, Philadelphia Flyers
15. Nicklas Lidstrom, Detroit Red Wings
Henrik Zetterberg, Detroit Red Wings
17. Joe Thornton, San Jose Sharks
18. Mats Sundin, Toronto Maple Leafs
19. Zdeno Chara, Boston Bruins
20. Markus Naslund, Vancouver Canucks
Paul Kariya, Nashiville Predators
Be the first to comment.
Add a Comment
Please limit embedded image or media size to 575 pixels wide.
Most Recent Blog Posts
About Kukla's Korner Hockey
Paul Kukla founded Kukla’s Korner in 2005 and the site has since become the must-read site on the ‘net for all the latest happenings around the NHL.
From breaking news to in-depth stories around the league, KK Hockey is updated with fresh stories all day long and will bring you the latest news as quickly as possible.
Email Paul anytime at email@example.com