Kukla's Korner Hockey
by Paul on 08/30/13 at 12:30 PM ET
From Nick Tranfaglia of TiqIQ,
Where there was once glory, a biting feeling now hits at the heart of LA Kings fans. At this time last year they were still rejoicing after their underdog victory in the Western Conference playoffs, culminating in their hoisting of the Stanley Cup.
Today however, the memory of a 2013 assault at the hands of the Chicago Blackhawks is still fresh in Kings fans' minds. They call it the "cup hangover" and this season the Kings will seek to reach the finals yet again, just like the Boston Bruins did two years after they won it in 2011.
But, of course they'll have to go to war 82 times before they can even taste the playoffs. 41 games will be at home, where the Kings experienced a modest price increase (21 percent). Still, Kings tickets are relatively affordable at $126 on average. Last year at the Staples Center they were $104.
Here are the 5 most expensive Kings games this season according to Barrystickets.com
1. January 25 vs Anaheim: Prices are high when rivals come to town, especially for an outdoor game, which will be held at Dodger Stadium. That's a first in warmer climates, and fans will surely flock to Chavez Ravine to see these two interstate foes face off. Tickets prices are averaging $388 for this one, 208 percent above the Kings' home average. "Get-in" rates are around for $159.
2. January 11 vs Detroit: January is jam-packed for the Kings, full of exciting action. When the Wings come to town, tickets will be $177, 40 percent above the Kings' home average. Cheap seats can be had for as low as $52 though.
3. October 7 vs New York: The cross-country Rangers always bring plenty of intrigue and skill to town. For this matchup against the Kings, tickets sit at $174, 38 percent above the home average at the Staples Center. Low-price seats are available for $63.
4. April 12 vs Anaheim: The Ducks come back into town in April, this time for a game played indoors. Tickets for this one will be cheaper at $173. That's 37 percent above the Kings' home norm. Cheap seats can be had for $53.
5. January 30 vs Pittsburgh: Sid the Kid and Malkin come to town in late January. In what's a relative bargain, tickets are only $171 for this star-filled matchup, 36 percent above the going rate at the Staples Center. Some seats are available for as low as $55.
Add a Comment
Please limit embedded image or media size to 575 pixels wide.
Most Recent Blog Posts
About Kukla's Korner Hockey
Email Paul anytime at email@example.com