Time For Rest

I need a little bit of sleep, been up since 6:00am yesterday.

I know I will sleep a little more peaceful now.  The lockout has weighed on me, not only because hockey is what I do, but because I love this game so much.

I will not forget the lockout but will not dwell on it, for I do not want to be known as a sour man.  I will move forward and enjoy the game on the ice once more.

On another note, KK had a failed move to a different host during the night so rss feeds, twitter feeds and such are messed up right now but will be corrected in a few hours.

Be back soon along with the players.

Filed in: KK Website Business, NHL Talk, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

Red Winger's avatar

The lockout has weighed on me…because I love this game so much.

Couldn’t have said it better.

Welcome back, NHL. Don’t ever do that to us again.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 01/06/13 at 11:16 AM ET

Welcome back, NHL. Don’t ever do that to us again.

I agree! I hope to never see CBA debates between JJ and HD ever again, I just can’t read that much analysis.  gulp

Posted by timbits on 01/06/13 at 11:31 AM ET

Slumpy's avatar

Deal being struck and bettman/daly being fired would of been better news but at least we got the NHL back.

Jimmy D get your “cattle” prod out and herd ‘em back into the barn, sigh.He should of forced to retire.

Posted by Slumpy from Detroit on 01/06/13 at 11:36 AM ET

Here is what the CBC says is in the deal. I think this is a good deal for hockey (we shall see what loopholes remain)!

-The CBA will run for 10 years, with an option to terminate the deal after eight
-Players receive defined benefit pension plan
-Owners and players split revenue 50-50 each season
-A pro-rated salary cap of $70.2-million for this season; cap of $64.3-million next year
-The salary floor will be set at $44 million for both years.
-Seven-year limit on free-agent contracts (eight-year limit when a team signs its own player to an extension).
-Teams can only walk away from a player in salary arbitration who is awarded at least $3.5 million.
-Each team will be given the option of two “amnesty buyouts” that can be used to terminate contracts before the next two seasons
-Revenue sharing between teams increased to $200 million annually
-Any player on a one-way contract who plays in the AHL with a salary in excess of the NHL’s minimum salary plus $375,000 will have the excess amount charged against his team’s salary cap.
-Unrestricted free agency continues to open on July 1.

Posted by timbits on 01/06/13 at 11:46 AM ET

joedaiceman's avatar

Paul - Your blog was outstanding through this entire, crazy ordeal. Thanks for all that you did to to keep us informed throughout!!

Posted by joedaiceman on 01/06/13 at 11:54 AM ET

Evilpens's avatar

Glad for Guys like you Paul who took it in the ass through No fault of your own !!

& thanks for all you do

Posted by Evilpens on 01/06/13 at 12:30 PM ET

WingFanFormerlyInLA's avatar

A big thanks to you Paul for keeping us all up to date.  I’d like to say I’m happy hockey is back, but honestly I can’t.  Maybe it’s spiteful of me, but they took away half the season and the Winter Classic, so I don’t think its too much for me to say I won’t give them the other half of the season or the playoffs.

Posted by WingFanFormerlyInLA on 01/06/13 at 01:39 PM ET