This Is A Slew-Foot

Text book slew-foot by P.K. Subban on Brandon Dubinsky (scroll to the 3:10 mark).  No penalty on the play.

Filed in: NHL Teams, Montreal Canadiens, New York Rangers, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: p.k.+subban

Comments

This is the first time I’ve seen Brian Leetch doing analytical commentary and he is actually pretty darn good.  Great look at the Gilroy to Dubie pass from mid-circles leading up to a real pretty goal on the other end.  Real nice.

The ref didn’t call the slew foot right in front of him?  Shocking…

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 01/12/11 at 04:57 AM ET

Rdwings28's avatar

[i

]The ref didn’t call the slew foot right in front of him?  Shocking…

Ditto, we all think alike, incompetence reigns despite lil’ Gary’s assurances of the quality of refereeing in the NHL

Posted by Rdwings28 on 01/12/11 at 09:44 AM ET

Agreed on the slew foot, and SYF, agreed on Brian Leetch doing a great job on commentary. I can’t remember the last player as talented as Subban to cause such a @#!-storm due to unnecessary antics in his first year as a pro. I sure hope he gets it together because after his impressive debut in last years playoffs, I really wanted to like the guy.

Posted by penguinsfan on 01/12/11 at 10:19 AM ET

Primis's avatar

Completely unsurprised by this from Subban.  The kid has no class and it’s going to cost him, either form the league or by one of his peers taking his head clean off eventually.

Posted by Primis on 01/12/11 at 10:39 AM ET

Evilpens's avatar

He is a PUNK !! Someone will get him Good

Posted by Evilpens on 01/12/11 at 11:21 AM ET

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

I don’t like that play but I do like Subban.  The fact that Pens fans whine about him so much makes me like him that much more.

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from where free agents no longer dare. on 01/12/11 at 01:05 PM ET

Evilpens's avatar

It has nothing to do with me being a Pens fan !! He is a PUNK !!

Posted by Evilpens on 01/12/11 at 01:54 PM ET

Primis's avatar

WFIBL -

I’m hardly a Pens fan…. :-p

Posted by Primis on 01/12/11 at 02:13 PM ET

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

I’m hardly a Pens fan…. :-p

Posted by Primis on 01/12/11 at 11:13 AM ET

I wasn’t including you with that statement brother.  I know you’re a member of the 18 other degenerates that we hang out with at KK.

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from where free agents no longer dare. on 01/12/11 at 03:39 PM ET

...agreed on Brian Leetch doing a great job on commentary…

Posted by penguinsfan on 01/12/11 at 07:19 AM ET

If he can develop an onscreen presence and voice like Trautwig’s, NBC and/or Versus should pick him up and be a regular.  He’s much better than I anticipated.

BTW, did anyone catch the intermission reports on Versus last night?  Holy hell, Edzo was ridiculously smug all night.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 01/12/11 at 06:45 PM ET