They’re Back

from Mitch Albom of the Detroit Free Press,

The bell rang. A boy opened the door. He saw hundreds of men on his front porch.

"We're back!"

"Who are you?"

"Hockey!"

"Lemme call my dad."

"No, wait. It's you we want. The young fan. You're the future."

"That's what my teacher says."

continued

Filed in: NHL Talk, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

dougie's avatar

How very clever of you, Mitch. I am so grateful for your rapier-like wit, and keen power of observation.Tool.

Posted by dougie on 01/13/13 at 10:36 AM ET

Chris from NOHS's avatar

Haha this is everything that’s terrible about Mitch Albom in one article.

Posted by Chris from NOHS from Columbus, OH/Grand Rapids, MI on 01/13/13 at 11:07 AM ET

WTF is that?

Posted by timbits on 01/13/13 at 12:12 PM ET

awould's avatar

that wasn’t       good

Posted by awould on 01/13/13 at 12:28 PM ET

NIVO's avatar

Posted by dougie on 01/13/13 at 09:36 AM ET

but…...but…..he won a major award. Wait for it, he will tell you he did. Even if you didnt ask.

Posted by NIVO from underpants gnome village on 01/13/13 at 01:07 PM ET

“I’m back”
“Who are you?”
“I’m an awarding winning sports journalist that used to actually care about my work, but over the past 15 years have ceases to care thereby becoming a shadow of my former self”
“So why should I read anything you write?”
“You probably shouldn’t.  All I do now is manufacture imaginary scenarios and then write about them. It’s easier than actually bothering to report on actual things going on”
“Well see ya, I’m off to read a blog.”
“You know where to find me.  I’ll keep phoning it in until they stop paying me.”

Posted by sabby on 01/13/13 at 03:36 PM ET

Nathan's avatar

We get it Mitch, you think one sentence paragraphs are dramatic. Stop writing, please.

Posted by Nathan from the scoresheet! on 01/14/13 at 09:49 AM ET