Kukla's Korner Hockey
by Paul on 11/20/12 at 05:24 PM ET
from Kevin McGran of the Toronto Star,
The sides have more or less agreed to:
• Change the free agent calendar, meaning the market would open on June 15 or 48 hours after the awarding of the Stanley Cup — the players want whichever is later — instead of July 1. Arbitration dates may change as well.
• Allow cap space to be included in transactions, to encourage trades and get teams out from under heavy contracts.
• A joint health committee.
• Eliminate re-entry waivers.
• A neutral, third-party arbitrator to deal with appeals for on- and off-ice discipline.
• Minimum roster requirements to avoid situations where teams dress fewer than 18 players to save salary cap room.
more including UFA day moved to late June...
Add a Comment
Please limit embedded image or media size to 575 pixels wide.
Most Recent Blog Posts
About Kukla's Korner Hockey
Paul Kukla founded Kukla’s Korner in 2005 and the site has since become the must-read site on the ‘net for all the latest happenings around the NHL.
From breaking news to in-depth stories around the league, KK Hockey is updated with fresh stories all day long and will bring you the latest news as quickly as possible.
Email Paul anytime at email@example.com