The Last Time Detroit Was Down 0-2 In A Series…

2002 against Vancouver.  Then this happened…

added 12:27pm, As a KK member pointed out, the Ducks swept the Wings in 2003.  So I could say the last time Detroit was down 0-2 and won a series…

Filed in: NHL Teams, Detroit Red Wings, Vancouver Canucks, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: nick+lidstrom

Comments

Well, that was the time before last.

I think we all remember the last time Detroit was down 0-2 was actually 2003 against Anaheim…and how that one turned out.  Sweep!

But I’m definitely hoping something like 2002 Vancouver actually occurs.

Posted by BuzzFledderjohn on 05/04/10 at 02:24 PM ET

Paul's avatar

BuzzFledderjohn, Thanks.  That series is completely out of my mind.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 05/04/10 at 02:26 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Difference is in net. Cloutier wound up in the tiolet bowl after that knuckleball series changer.
In 03, Jiggy was a beast.
Nabby’s no beast.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 05/04/10 at 02:31 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

But I’m definitely hoping something like 2002 Vancouver actually occurs.

Posted by BuzzFledderjohn on 05/04/10 at 12:24 PM ET

Or Vancouver 2010. Uncle Mike did a great job coming back to win the Gold.

Now he goes for the Silver. I like our chances.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 05/04/10 at 03:05 PM ET

That series is completely out of my mind.

No doubt.  I actually had to look through Wikipedia to see when the last time the Wings were down 0-2.  I did it a couple days ago, just so I could feel good about our chances.  And then I saw the 2003 series and threw up in my mouth a little.  Of course the ‘02 Vancouver series was what I was hoping to see first, but didn’t.

In 03, Jiggy was a beast.
Nabby’s no beast.

I agree, definitely.  Let’s hope Lidstrom (and the Wings) can destroy Nabokov’s career like he did to Cloutier in 2002.

Posted by BuzzFledderjohn on 05/04/10 at 03:07 PM ET

It’s one thing to play against a goalie that was playing his first playoff games back in 2002, completely another now…

Posted by Did from Mountain View, CA on 05/04/10 at 04:04 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

That series is completely out of my mind.

what series?  I have no idea what you’re talking about.

nanananananananfingersinearsnananananana

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 05/04/10 at 04:09 PM ET

Er…in ‘02, Wings lost the first two games at home.  I vividly recall a Wings fan at the Joe so disgusted with the Wings’ performance at home that he threw a Wings replica sweater onto the ice.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 05/04/10 at 04:18 PM ET

That video clip is a reminder of the best part of what’s about to happen tonight. We’re getting rid of the Versus jackasses and we’re getting Ken and Micky back in the broadcast booth.

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids on 05/04/10 at 05:09 PM ET

I wonder if Babcock will start osgood not because he’s necessarily going to be better but because of his playoff legacy.

Posted by stoneman from vegas on 05/04/10 at 05:53 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

only an idiot would start a goalie who has only played 3 games in this calendar year.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 05/04/10 at 06:45 PM ET