Kukla's Korner Hockey
by George Malik on 06/25/13 at 01:00 AM ET
Amongst the various injuries players from the Boston Bruins and Chicago Blackhawks played through during the Final:
1. Chicago coach Joel Quenneville admitted to the Canadian Press that Jonathan Toews "got his bell rung" in Game 5;
2. Quenneville stated that Michal Handzus played through an assortment of injuries [edit: Yahoo Sports' Nicholas J. Cotsonika sayshe had a broken wrist and a torn ligament in his knee], and that Bryan Bickell played through a grade 2 MCL sprain;
3. Marian Hossa, as ESPN Chicago notes, played through a pinched nerve that prevented him from feeling his right foot;
4. Andrew Shaw obviously played through a bleeding right cheek after taking a puck to the face, and Niklas Hjalmarsson disappeared and reappeared during the first period;
5. Bruins coach Claude Julien would only admit that Zdeno Chara was pretty banged-up as well....
6. But Patrice Bergeron, as ESPN Boston's Brendan Hall notes, played through a broken rib, torn rib cartilage, and he separated his shoulder in Game 6;
7. Jaromir Jagr obviously suffered some sort of significant injury during Game 6;
8. And yes, Nathan Horton played through a separated shoulder as well...Take note, teams that want to sign him, he's going to need shoulder surgery.
9. Update: lest I forget, Tyler Seguin suggested that he's got some sort of hip issue that's going to require...medical attention.
And that's just the tip of the iceberg.
Be the first to comment.
Add a Comment
Please limit embedded image or media size to 575 pixels wide.
Most Recent Blog Posts
About Kukla's Korner Hockey
Email Paul anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org