Kukla's Korner Hockey
by George Malik on 06/25/13 at 01:00 AM ET
Amongst the various injuries players from the Boston Bruins and Chicago Blackhawks played through during the Final:
1. Chicago coach Joel Quenneville admitted to the Canadian Press that Jonathan Toews "got his bell rung" in Game 5;
2. Quenneville stated that Michal Handzus played through an assortment of injuries [edit: Yahoo Sports' Nicholas J. Cotsonika sayshe had a broken wrist and a torn ligament in his knee], and that Bryan Bickell played through a grade 2 MCL sprain;
3. Marian Hossa, as ESPN Chicago notes, played through a pinched nerve that prevented him from feeling his right foot;
4. Andrew Shaw obviously played through a bleeding right cheek after taking a puck to the face, and Niklas Hjalmarsson disappeared and reappeared during the first period;
5. Bruins coach Claude Julien would only admit that Zdeno Chara was pretty banged-up as well....
6. But Patrice Bergeron, as ESPN Boston's Brendan Hall notes, played through a broken rib, torn rib cartilage, and he separated his shoulder in Game 6;
7. Jaromir Jagr obviously suffered some sort of significant injury during Game 6;
8. And yes, Nathan Horton played through a separated shoulder as well...Take note, teams that want to sign him, he's going to need shoulder surgery.
9. Update: lest I forget, Tyler Seguin suggested that he's got some sort of hip issue that's going to require...medical attention.
And that's just the tip of the iceberg.
Be the first to comment.
Add a Comment
Please limit embedded image or media size to 575 pixels wide.
Most Recent Blog Posts
About Kukla's Korner Hockey
Paul Kukla founded Kukla’s Korner in 2005 and the site has since become the must-read site on the ‘net for all the latest happenings around the NHL.
From breaking news to in-depth stories around the league, KK Hockey is updated with fresh stories all day long and will bring you the latest news as quickly as possible.
Email Paul anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org