The Tampa Bay Lightning Are Down 0-3 In Their Series With The Columbus Blue Jackets

The best NHL team by far in the regular season, they have scored 2 goals in th last eight periods.

from Jeff Svoboda of BlueJackets.com,

Columbus took a 3-0 lead in its first-round Stanley Cup Playoff series aginast Tampa Bay, earning a 3-1 victory over the Lightning on Sunday night in front of a packed house at Nationwide Arena.

Game in a Paragraph

Columbus carried play through the first two periods against a Tampa Bay team missing NHL leading scorer Nikita Kucherov (suspended) and 2018 Norris Trophy winner Victor Hedman (injury), taking a 2-0 lead thanks to a pair of second-period tallies. The Lightning got a goal early in the third but the Blue Jackets steadied themselves from there and got an empty-net goal in the final minute to clinch the win.

continued

added 10:15pm, highlights from the game below...

Filed in: NHL Teams, Columbus Blue Jackets, Tampa Bay Lightning, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

ilovehomers's avatar

Wow

Posted by ilovehomers on 04/14/19 at 10:07 PM ET

Temo's avatar

Good thing I didn’t put any money on this series. Never would’ve guessed this happens.

Posted by Temo from La Capital, Míchígán on 04/15/19 at 07:41 AM ET

Thag's avatar

I initially thought CBJ in 5, but I choked and picked them to win in 7. I’m shocked that nobody else saw this coming.

Posted by Thag from DC on 04/15/19 at 07:50 AM ET

MurrayChadwick's avatar

There was a time when I thought Steven Stamkos was better than Cindy Crosby, wow was I wrong.

Posted by MurrayChadwick from Holland Hate Hyperbole Town (HHHT) on 04/15/19 at 08:35 AM ET

damndog revenge   From the bowels of Detroit's avatar

The last three playoffs TB has been in he has been a choker. As much as I do not like Cindy, I would take him over Stayathome any day.

Posted by damndog revenge From the bowels of Detroit on 04/15/19 at 08:45 AM ET

The last three playoffs TB has been in he has been a choker.

2014-15 - 18 points in 26 games
2015-16 - Yeah, I guess he choked by not lighting it up in the single game he played
2017-18 - 16 points in 17 games

Care to make up some more lies?

Posted by CharDeeMacDennis on 04/15/19 at 09:31 AM ET

damndog revenge   From the bowels of Detroit's avatar

Care to make up some more lies?

Posted by CharDeeMacDennis on 04/15/19 at 09:31 AM ET

I was being facetious applehead. lol

Posted by damndog revenge From the bowels of Detroit on 04/15/19 at 11:26 AM ET