The Puck Drops Tonight On The Conference Semi-Finals

As you know, I try to follow each NHL game live as it happens and finally the schedule allows me to do so in a much more relaxed way.

I am looking forward to every matchup and believe we are in for some very exciting hockey.

Filed in: NHL Teams, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

Heh.  Two former Babcock assistant coaches in the CSFs:  MacLean (OTT) and McLellan (SJS), who also has McKittrick on his staff.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 05/14/13 at 05:59 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

It’s a Red Wings World, we just live in it.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 05/14/13 at 06:00 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

I still think the Kings are going to repeat, but I’ve got this weird feeling about the Sharks. We’ll see if my apprehension is real tonight.

Posted by MoreShoot on 05/14/13 at 06:05 PM ET

It’s a Red Wings World, we just live in it.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 05/14/13 at 07:00 PM ET

And then the GMs, Yzerman (TBL) and Nill (DAL).  It is indeed a Red Wings world.  East to West, bitches.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 05/14/13 at 06:08 PM ET

Paul, like yesterday, can we use this thread as an open post for both games tonight?

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 05/14/13 at 06:34 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Of course.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 05/14/13 at 06:37 PM ET

Slainte, Paul.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 05/14/13 at 06:40 PM ET

Vokoun vs. Anderson.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 05/14/13 at 06:41 PM ET

This is the first time I’ve gotten a full game look at the Sens and Chris Neil needs to calm the fuch down.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 05/14/13 at 06:50 PM ET

McCauley and Joannette officiating the OTT/PIT game.

Walkom and Furlatt officiating the SJS/LAK game.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 05/14/13 at 07:06 PM ET

2-1 PIT at the first intermission.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 05/14/13 at 07:16 PM ET

3-1 PIT at the second intermission.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 05/14/13 at 08:13 PM ET

Switching over to the SJS/LAK game.  PIT winning 4-1 with less than three minutes to go in the game and they’re playing ferocious forechecking.  OTT not getting any kind of offense going at all.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 05/14/13 at 09:04 PM ET

Evilpens's avatar

when the Pens play like that They are TOUGH to beat, Not impossible mind you But TOUGH to beat

Posted by Evilpens on 05/14/13 at 09:25 PM ET

It’s just one game, but OTT’s completely overmatched, EP.  This series is gonna be over sooner than later.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 05/14/13 at 09:32 PM ET

So happy we don’t have the Sharks TV crew in this round…..can’t stand Drew Remenda & Randy Hahn.

Posted by mc keeper on 05/14/13 at 09:52 PM ET

1-nil LAK at the first intermission.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 05/14/13 at 09:53 PM ET

I’m out.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 05/14/13 at 09:59 PM ET

Tony Perkis's avatar

Kings are a dirtyyyyyyyy team. I know it’s almost impossible to repeat Cups, but I think the Kings are still the best team in the West over the Hawks. Quick is no *#$%@& joke. Very significant player to the King’s success. Hope he does as well for team USA. Howard stole a lot of games for the Wings this year. That Flames game was strange, but I couldn’t be happier with his play this year. However, Quick is a *#$%@&-A grade A keeper.

Posted by Tony Perkis from Drinking at Robert's Lounge with Billy Batts on 05/14/13 at 11:33 PM ET

Tony Perkis's avatar

Also, I’m young enough yet unfortunately have bad back pain from hockey injuries. Anyone with lower back problems knows how troublesome/annoying this can be. Not sure if anyone else heard him mention it, but I remember Quick telling a reporter last year that if kids want to emulate his style, they’d better expect frequent trips to chiropractors/PTs. Maybe it’s just because I have back problems and I didn’t play keeper, but I have no idea how Quick plays the way he does. He looks different than any goalie I’ve ever seen. Definitely deserved the Conn Smythe, he was very exciting to watch this year and last.

I’ll still take Howie though…so until the Olympics, *#$%@& you Quick. You’re now like Goldberg and couldn’t stop a puck unless it was a cheeseburger.

Posted by Tony Perkis from Drinking at Robert's Lounge with Billy Batts on 05/14/13 at 11:46 PM ET