Kukla's Korner Hockey
by Paul on 04/23/14 at 08:01 AM ET
from Mike Boone of Hockey Inside/Out,
Game Four exemplified what the Canadiens were able to accomplish all through their series against the Lightning.
• They got goals from each of their four lines.
• Outside of a brief letdown in the early part of the third period, the Canadiens got airtight defence and rock-solid goaltending from Carey Price.
• Unlike the Lightning, the Canadiens didn’t take bad penalties.
• 11 skaters made the scoresheet.
• Steven Stamkos was held to two shots on goal.
• Rene Bourque continued his postseason renaissance with seven shots on goal, plus three that Tampa Bay blocked and three that missed the net. Bourque, who was a healthy scratch for nine games this season – including five in March – had three goals and 22 SoG against the Lightning. His line, with Lars Eller and Brian Gionta, was the Canadiens’ best in the series.
Be the first to comment.
Add a Comment
Please limit embedded image or media size to 575 pixels wide.
Most Recent Blog Posts
About Kukla's Korner Hockey
Email Paul anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org