Kukla's Korner Hockey
by Paul on 04/23/14 at 08:01 AM ET
from Mike Boone of Hockey Inside/Out,
Game Four exemplified what the Canadiens were able to accomplish all through their series against the Lightning.
• They got goals from each of their four lines.
• Outside of a brief letdown in the early part of the third period, the Canadiens got airtight defence and rock-solid goaltending from Carey Price.
• Unlike the Lightning, the Canadiens didn’t take bad penalties.
• 11 skaters made the scoresheet.
• Steven Stamkos was held to two shots on goal.
• Rene Bourque continued his postseason renaissance with seven shots on goal, plus three that Tampa Bay blocked and three that missed the net. Bourque, who was a healthy scratch for nine games this season – including five in March – had three goals and 22 SoG against the Lightning. His line, with Lars Eller and Brian Gionta, was the Canadiens’ best in the series.
Be the first to comment.
Add a Comment
Please limit embedded image or media size to 575 pixels wide.
Most Recent Blog Posts
About Kukla's Korner Hockey
Paul Kukla founded Kukla’s Korner in 2005 and the site has since become the must-read site on the ‘net for all the latest happenings around the NHL.
From breaking news to in-depth stories around the league, KK Hockey is updated with fresh stories all day long and will bring you the latest news as quickly as possible.
Email Paul anytime at email@example.com