The Latest On The Phoenix Coyotes Situation

Filed in: NHL Teams, d, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

Facepalm x 10000…. Well, maybe this can finally get settled once and for all? Oh who am I kidding…

Posted by Chris M on 03/27/13 at 09:46 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Let Columbus earn their keep for once in their existence.  Send them back to the West if it comes to it.

That said, its gonna be tough for the commish to acknowledge Detroit’s beefs only to go back to his word.  I bet something gets worked out to keep promises.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 03/27/13 at 10:17 PM ET

I bet something gets worked out to keep promises.

So do I, it is called SEATTLE.

Posted by timbits on 03/27/13 at 10:26 PM ET

Attached is the link to the new Seattle Sonicsarena site with the hockey layout:

Posted by timbits on 03/27/13 at 10:29 PM ET

redxblack's avatar

KC got screwed by the Sidney Crosby lottery win in Pittsburgh. The NHL needs to honor its debt to that city.

But I do like the idea of Seattle getting a team. It does suck hard for the Coyotes faithful. They can join us out of towners with the shitty gamecenter subscriptions where you pay for all the games and get about half due to blackouts.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 03/27/13 at 11:41 PM ET

Seattle would definitely look like an NHL destination now that the Sacro Kings have an arena deal in place.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 03/28/13 at 01:48 AM ET

Slumpy's avatar

bettman is still kicking himself for Atlanta’s failure under his regime so he won’t let Glendale lose their team without him using all his law book arsenal unleashed surely.

Seattle is a great area but they have a lot of western hockey teams in the surrounding state and city. I guess if they got a NHL it would hurt attendance for the WHL teams and one or several would eventually or move.

Quebec City by far has the rabid fanbase ready to get their team back.

I just haven’t heard or seen a large group of fans making noise to get a NHL team to Seattle.

Posted by Slumpy from Detroit on 03/28/13 at 06:28 AM ET

phillyd's avatar

So if they got to QC who gets moved back Detroit or Columbus? I do think they need to go Seattle or KC. I’ve been down to the area where KC is and I think it would be doable, but they have very little parking around there and almost no mass transit. Seattle’s location would be better near the other stadiums and has a core of mass transit around it. Problem is, it isn’t built yet so you’d either be back in Key Arena for a few years or in Glenndale until it’s ready.

Posted by phillyd from Southern New Jersey on 03/28/13 at 08:28 AM ET