TALK’N HAWKS: Player By Player #2

I you have been following this blog (by the way, comments from people other than Red Wings fans are also welcome) you know that I’ve been taking a player or two and giving my thoughts on them. The “Player by Player” series, if you will. Well here’s another.

Let’s tackle the Boy Wonder, Patrick Kane. I’ve never doubted the ability of this Number 1 Draft Pick, or his talent. I will remember his unusual overtime goal in Game 6 against the Flyers forever. However, he seemed to be riding that glory a little last season. I don’t know what’s in a guys head, not to mention it’s been a long time since I’ve been that age, but that’s the feel I got. One thing for sure, the honeymoon is over from the ‘10 Cup and I think Kaner knows it. For one, he is a little older - maturer, I would say yes, judging from his comments and attitude at the HAWKS Convention. His dedication, although always there, seems to be more focused.

Everyone I have talked to that has seen him close up, says that he is noticeable bigger, in a muscular way. I also like the fact that he had his wrist surgery a week or so ago (which appears to be 100% successful). Several times in the past (in all pro sports) an athlete “discovers” that he needs surgery just as training camp begins, forcing them to miss most of it. Kane will be ready to go at the start. In the past, I’ve only had two problems with him. One, shoot more, pass less. Some guys have a knack, for pucks going in. I have seen him score on shots that look like there was no way they were gonna go in. (“Get the puck to the net, and good things will happen” says Edzo). The other problem was I would like to see him get a little more physical. I know it’s not his style, but finish a check here and there for some turnovers. Hopefully, the added muscle will help.

All in all, I am looking forward to see what he does this season. He’s averaged a round a point a game for his career and I’m looking for that to go up.

Filed in: NHL Teams, Chicago Blackhawks, Vince Maranto, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: patrick+kane

Comments

OlderThanChelios's avatar

Let’s tackle the Cab Driver Assaulter, Patrick Kane.

There. Fixed that for you.

As for your “thoughts” on Kane, I’ve seen greater depth of analysis provided by a fourth-grader describing what he likes best about recess. I mean, seriously, two paragraphs and a “wrap-up” that contains a glaring grammatical error? Pathetic.

After reading Maranto’s stuff for a week, it looks we have a blogger who matches the Hawks team perfectly – highly overrated and likely to do something worthwhile every 10 years or so. This is one blog post that makes TPSH look smart. And that’s damn hard to do.

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 08/06/11 at 07:16 PM ET

Posted by OlderThanChelios on 08/06/11 at 06:16 PM ET

based on your contribution it will take longer than 10 years before we see anything of worth from you!

Posted by timbits on 08/06/11 at 07:44 PM ET

OlderThanChelios's avatar

Well, timbits, if you could write a grammatically correct sentence, your comment might carry some weight. But, like Maranto, you can’t write and you’re a failure at analyzing the world around you.

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 08/06/11 at 08:29 PM ET

Well, I can see you for the piece of shit you are!  Hope that makes your day, grammar and all.

Posted by timbits on 08/07/11 at 04:12 AM ET

Paul's avatar

Do I expect you to like very blogger?  Nope, but I do expect some respect.

Thanks.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 08/07/11 at 07:39 AM ET

OlderThanChelios's avatar

Great job, timbits. When you have no valid argument to make, you resort to name calling. That’s as pathetic as Maranto’s analysis of Kane.

And, Paul, my comments about Maranto are no different than what many others have said about other bloggers here at KK. I simply gave my honest evaluation of the quality of his post. I hope honesty is still allowed here at KK.

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 08/07/11 at 11:49 AM ET

perfection's avatar

yeah… you actually don’t come across as simply giving your “opinion” but rather as just being a gigantic *#$%@&. I think that’s what Paul’s alluding to. Of course, that seems to be “your thing” on KK, but the rest of us manage to be honest without coming off like a school bully. I mean, it’s the offseason for christs sake. You need to relax and just don’t read this blog if it gets under your skin that much.

Posted by perfection from LaLaLand on 08/07/11 at 03:19 PM ET

OlderThanChelios's avatar

...the rest of us manage to be honest without coming off like a school bully.

So my saying that I had seen greater depth of analysis from a fourth-grader is being a bully. But you calling me a “gigantic *#$%@&” or timbits calling me a “piece of shit” is just being honest.

Your name may be “perfection” but your logic is far from it.

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 08/08/11 at 12:30 AM ET