Take That

Ted Leonsis of Ted’s Take has a subtle way of addressing the Max Talbot situation with Alex Ovechkin.

He points to this video..

Filed in: NHL Teams, Pittsburgh Penguins, Washington Capitals, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: alex+ovechkin, max+talbot

Comments

« Previous        < 1 2

Moq's avatar

It’s a blog hosted under your umbrella. If you’re going to puff out your chest and trump some sort of moral standard, why shouldn’t they be universal?

However nice the idea, it would be rather difficult for a one man operation to monitor every blog diligently, not to mention a basic complaints division to handle offended parties. Like any other type of free speech you can decide not to listen.

If you have a problem with A2Y, you’ll soon be able to avoid entries at the main page, and block the cretins when they stray outside their rubber room (if I understand the new setup correctly). That should serve to remove some of the unpleasantries for you around here.

Posted by Moq from Denmark on 07/28/10 at 05:44 PM ET

Claude from Colorado's avatar

@Paul,

I was simply offering feedback. Most blogs/publications/etc. tend to value that from a reader.

Posted by Claude from Colorado on 07/28/10 at 05:44 PM ET

Paul's avatar

@Paul,

Posted by Claude from Colorado on 07/28/10 at 04:44 PM ET

If you wanted to offer feedback, you should have emailed me.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 07/28/10 at 05:46 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

Can I help you carry that cross or is your back ok?

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 07/28/10 at 05:57 PM ET

eric in baltimore's avatar

As a Caps fan I think Ted should be focusing on finally winning a damn cup and not getting into a pissing contest with Pens fans. Talbot backtracked bigtime claiming he only hates Ovechkin due to the rivalry so we already see what a coward he is. Stick to your guns you pansy.

Posted by eric in baltimore from baltimore on 07/28/10 at 06:18 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Eric, finally someone hits it on the head.

The Caps have always ‘shot back’ in their own way on things like this, maybe they should try the opposite and just keep quiet and direct all their energy to winning the Cup.

This is not the last shot that will be fired their way, they need to get used to it or else they just may have the same result as last year.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 07/28/10 at 06:27 PM ET

More immaturity and backbiting here than when my 3 teenage girls are all PMSing at the same time!  Take a chill pill.

And about Ted…..shouldn’t an owner have something better to do than get into a pissing match with a player on an opposing team?  Would any other owner do this?  Seems to me that his pissing match with RJ Umberger earlier this year didn’t turn out so well for him when the results came out for his team in early April…..  He should just stick to owning the team and not blogging.  Shouldn’t he be busy these days ensuring that his fans fill those 20,000 seats the Caps president promised to fill in Heinz Field for the Winter Classic?

Posted by VAHockeyFan on 07/28/10 at 06:36 PM ET

OlderThanChelios's avatar

One thing I will note about the new KK coming in September, KK Members will have the ability to block certain blogs from the homepage.

So the end of posts titled “The Top Average Sub-Performer Corsi Numbers for Third-Line Forwards Under the Age of 27” is in sight? Thank you, Paul. That alone should lower my blood pressure by five points every day. And being able to block CerTaiN PoSteRs could bring it down by another five points.

Heck, after the changes are made, I may be able to stop taking my blood-pressure medication completely. smile

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 07/28/10 at 08:16 PM ET

redxblack's avatar

I thought it was just me. Amen, OlderThanChelios!

Mad Men is very much worth watching from the start. I wouldn’t suggest starting in the middle.

When does the schedule come out? Can someone hook me up with the wings pre-sale password?

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 07/28/10 at 08:45 PM ET

Moq's avatar

In other words, Ted should diverge from your chosen path.

Posted by Moq from Denmark on 07/28/10 at 09:06 PM ET

Lindas1st's avatar

It looks like ol’ Teddy’s been readin’ Pensblog.

Posted by Lindas1st from New England on 07/28/10 at 09:24 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Quick question Paul, I have noticed on other sites that have the capabilities you speak of for the new site only block the posters.  If someone quotes them it is contained in their post.  Will yours be any different?  I assume not so to all posters, don’t feed the trolls by quoting them either.  If you feel compelled to reply to them… just reply, don’t quote.

Posted by calquake on 07/28/10 at 09:31 PM ET