Take That

Ted Leonsis of Ted’s Take has a subtle way of addressing the Max Talbot situation with Alex Ovechkin.

He points to this video..

Filed in: NHL Teams, Pittsburgh Penguins, Washington Capitals, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: alex+ovechkin, max+talbot

Comments

1 2 >       Next »

Evilpens's avatar

And Mad Max & Pens Fans Everywhere would Point Sweaty Teddy to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNAh5MsIbwo

Posted by Evilpens on 07/28/10 at 12:38 PM ET

WingsFaninCO's avatar

Posted by Evilpens on 07/28/10 at 11:38 AM ET

So, you’re implying that the reason Maxine dislikes Ovechkin is the result of the Pens winning the cup?  Don’t get me wrong, I’m no Ovechkin fan, but I don’t see the logic in your statement.  Am I missing something? Did Ovechkin poop in the celebration punch?

Posted by WingsFaninCO on 07/28/10 at 12:57 PM ET

Evilpens's avatar

Obese Ted wants to throw up a video of Ovechkin crushing Mad Max, I just put up the SC finals Game 7 Final seconds where the Pens won the SC & Mad Max had Both Goals!!

I know as a Wings fan this is easy to understand Mad Max has 2 HUGE goals, Ovechkin ..................... HMMMM still waitng for his HUGE goal

Posted by Evilpens on 07/28/10 at 01:04 PM ET

Posted by Evilpens on 07/28/10 at 11:38 AM ET

What does that have to do with what Talbot said about Ovechkin?

Posted by Garth on 07/28/10 at 01:04 PM ET

Still irrelevant to the conversation…

Posted by Garth on 07/28/10 at 01:06 PM ET

Evilpens's avatar

What does that have to do with what Talbot said about Ovechkin?

YAY another wings Fan, Can you guys get a hobby?? Like watching grass grow or Paint Peel ?? I has nothing to do with The Dead Things!!! it’s between Mad max & Ovechkin or Pens & Caps fans

WTF does the Video Have to do with Talbot calling Ovechkin a Douche?? HMMMM .................

Posted by Evilpens on 07/28/10 at 01:10 PM ET

Coastal Coyote's avatar

Evilpens, perhaps you should get your head out from where the sun don’t shine.

Posted by Coastal Coyote on 07/28/10 at 01:13 PM ET

OlderThanChelios's avatar

Still irrelevant to the conversation…

And the last time the Mad Capitalizer made a relevant comment was when?

Can you guys get a hobby?? Like watching grass grow or Paint Peel ??

And this comes from the guy who has made, by far, more posts at KK this summer than any one else.

I has nothing to do with The Dead Things!!!

And we’re thrilled that you has nothing to do with the Wings. smile

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 07/28/10 at 01:16 PM ET

WingsFaninCO's avatar

Posted by Evilpens on 07/28/10 at 12:04 PM ET

Wow, your panties got all twisted up that easily?  Pardon me.  I was simply noting that Ted (obese or not) pointed out one potential reason Maxine hates Alex so much and that your “response” was to point at something that had NOTHING to do with the relationship between Max and Alex.  I know that was one of the few proud moments for Pens fans, but pointing to it every time someone reminds you of an unpleasant moment doesn’t make sense.

Posted by WingsFaninCO on 07/28/10 at 01:16 PM ET

Evilpens's avatar

[bCoastal Coyote]

OTAY BUCKWHEAT !!

Posted by Evilpens on 07/28/10 at 01:17 PM ET

Greg's avatar

Why does Talbot seem to be getting more grief for calling OV a douche, than OV gets for actually being a douche?

The couple times I’ve seen him interact with fans, or at corporate functions, he did all he could to make his boys shut down fans, and autograph sessions.  He is a douche for many reasons, and just because Talbot didn’t want to get into specifics doesn’t mean he has no reason himself to believe this.

Posted by Greg on 07/28/10 at 01:17 PM ET

Evilpens's avatar

WingsFaninCO OlderThanChelios

OTAY BUCKWHEAT whatever you Buffoons think gulp

Posted by Evilpens on 07/28/10 at 01:18 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Folks, easy with the name calling.

It is much appreciated.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 07/28/10 at 01:22 PM ET

Animal Drew's avatar

I’m guessing this is the youtube video titled “Ovechkin flattens Talbot”...am I right?

Posted by Animal Drew from A Nightmare on Helm Street on 07/28/10 at 01:44 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Close AD, Alex Ovechkin Drops Max Talbot.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 07/28/10 at 01:46 PM ET

Animal Drew's avatar

Oh Right right right right right right…I had just glanced at my droid to try and find it.

Trying to be impartial here…but I couldn’t think of a better response than that video.  Now, whether or not a response was needed is a different matter.  But it’s not like Talbot’s comments were necessary either.

All in good fun.

Posted by Animal Drew from A Nightmare on Helm Street on 07/28/10 at 01:49 PM ET

Tony's avatar

Just once, JUST ONCE, I’d like to read a frickin’ post dealing with the Pens or Wings and not read these childish, immature comments over and over and over again…. You guys act like you’re a bunch of 10 year-old girls…..

Sometimes I just want to pack up rather than deal with this bullshit for another season….

Posted by Tony from Virginia Beach, VA on 07/28/10 at 01:49 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Have no fear Tony, when the new site is up and running, members will have the option of blocking other member comments, so if they wish to fight, they can fight between themselves while others won’t have to read it.

I hate deleting members from posting, but it will start happening and has happened recently.

there are other sites where this type of bickering happens, this will not be one of them.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 07/28/10 at 01:53 PM ET

Flashtastick56's avatar

Posted by Tony from Virginia Beach, VA on 07/28/10 at 12:49 PM ET

The only way that happens is if Paul cleans house and bans 90% of his readers.

Posted by Flashtastick56 from Meriden, CT on 07/28/10 at 01:54 PM ET

Talbot said he dislikes Ovechkin because of the way he acted when they met, he gave him the benefit of doubt after hearing things about him, but their meeting confirmed those rumours.

I’m sure Ovechkin was already on Talbot’s ‘bad side’ for the heat involved in the matchup between the Capitals and Penguins, taking runs (out of his way) at Crosby and Malkin, kneeing Gonchar, and quite possibly his public persona. Maybe he feels butt-hurt because of that youtube hit, but I’m sure it’s at the bottom of his list.

Ted Leonsis said ‘My dick is this big and Ovechkin’s is ten times that.’
Evilpens said ‘Oh yeah? Talbot’s dick is this big, and mine is not far behind.’

Stupid.

This comment is probably even dumber, and I don’t know what my point is.

Doesn’t this all get annoying for anyone else? A stupid comment is made (in the comment section), read it and leave it, no one is going to be convinced or persuaded or impressed by anything.

Is Mad Men the type of show that one should really watch from season one? Or can I jump into season four?

Posted by NathanBC on 07/28/10 at 01:57 PM ET

members will have the option of blocking other member comments, “

Awesome!

Garth, Tony, Animal Drew, and Greg, you best start amping up for a lot of commenting on the new site, because it’s up to you guys to sustain me through my work days.

Posted by NathanBC on 07/28/10 at 02:00 PM ET

I made the mistake of renting the first season last week and now I’m almost done the third.

Every season builds on the last.  I don’t think what’s happening in the third season would make a lot of sense without knowing the previous seasons.

Also, Pens suck.

Posted by Garth on 07/28/10 at 02:04 PM ET

I love pens, it’s those mechanical pencils and especially their erasers that suck.

Posted by NathanBC on 07/28/10 at 02:07 PM ET

Greg's avatar

”members will have the option of blocking other member comments, “

Awesome!

Posted by NathanBC on 07/28/10 at 01:00 PM ET

JJfromKansas is pretty reasonable too.

I was wondering about the same thing as far as Mad Men goes actually.

When do you think the new site will be ready Paul?

Posted by Greg on 07/28/10 at 02:17 PM ET

Paul's avatar

When do you think the new site will be ready Paul?

Posted by Greg on 07/28/10 at 01:17 PM ET

Shooting for a Sept. 1st release date.  At that time, most new bloggers will also be introduced.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 07/28/10 at 02:20 PM ET

Paul's avatar

AD, noticed you said you are using a Droid.

Have you checked out LauncherPro, if not do so.  Great Launcher and does some marvelous things to the Droid.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 07/28/10 at 02:34 PM ET

Greg's avatar

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 07/28/10 at 01:20 PM ET

Posted by Greg on 07/28/10 at 03:02 PM ET

Animal Drew's avatar

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 07/28/10 at 01:34 PM ET

Got it…but I appreciate you looking out for me, Paul - you’ve always been a good friend that I’ve never met in person…tried to at Herm2Hockeytown, but you busted out before I got a chance to say ‘hi’ nor could I make it to your place for the Wings game the day after.

What are you doing…say around…March 11, 2011?

Posted by Animal Drew from A Nightmare on Helm Street on 07/28/10 at 03:09 PM ET

Claude from Colorado's avatar

Am I assume all the name calling from the authors of A2Y will be tolerated as usual Paul?

Posted by Claude from Colorado on 07/28/10 at 03:20 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Posted by Claude from Colorado on 07/28/10 at 02:20 PM ET

You’d have to bring that up with IwoCPO, it is his blog.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 07/28/10 at 03:21 PM ET

Animal Drew's avatar

“I expect to be taken seriously when my avatar is one of the dirtiest hits in hockey….ever”

Posted by Animal Drew from A Nightmare on Helm Street on 07/28/10 at 03:25 PM ET

Coastal Coyote's avatar

AD, it certainly is revealing about the owner of said avatar.  Can’t wait for the new site!!

Posted by Coastal Coyote on 07/28/10 at 04:42 PM ET

Evilpens's avatar

Posted by Claude from Colorado on 07/28/10 at 02:20 PM ET

Don’t Hold your Breath waiting for some A2Yer to get banned for Calling Sid, Thid, Rosby or God knows What else sick Or them trolling a COMPLETELY Non Red Wing related story

Posted by Evilpens on 07/28/10 at 04:43 PM ET

Claude from Colorado's avatar

Paul,

Your response is akin to Buick building a car which catches on fire and having the CEO of GM shrug his shoulders while saying, “Not my problem.”

It’s a blog hosted under your umbrella. If you’re going to puff out your chest and trump some sort of moral standard, why shouldn’t they be universal?

I’m all for free speech, but some consistency with whatever standards are here would be nice as well.

It simply reflects poorly on you.

Posted by Claude from Colorado on 07/28/10 at 04:55 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

I saw Paul’s response as being more akin to ABC Family running ‘The 700 Club’ and putting a disclaimer before the program stating that the views expressed in this program do not necessarily reflect the views of the network.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 07/28/10 at 05:08 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Claude, it is up to you to take my advice.  Since you don’t want to, you have other options.

Don’t read it or write a blog about your issue and post it at the KK Member Blog section,

Was just trying to help you with your problem.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 07/28/10 at 05:09 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Paul, correct me if I’m wrong but, I assume blog writers are given a little more latitude when it comes to controversy.  Without controversy there would be no blogs… I personally dislike The Puck Stops Here… but I take your advice and I don’t read it.  When are these people going to educate themselves and understand that A2Y is a Red Wing Blog written by a Red Wing Fan for other Red Wing fans?  Please, please, please don’t read it if you don’t like it… oh, and good riddance.  cheese

Posted by calquake on 07/28/10 at 05:22 PM ET

Paul's avatar

One thing I will note about the new KK coming in September, KK Members will have the ability to block certain blogs from the homepage.

Meaning, if you don’t want to read KK Hockey, you check a box in your profile and it will not appear on the KK Homepage.

It still can be read by going to the blog directly, but then it is your choice to go and no blog will be forced upon you.

Folks who just read KK and are not members, will not have that option.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 07/28/10 at 05:26 PM ET

Tony's avatar

I’d like to stress that in my previous rant at no time did I specify A2Y or solely Wings fans, nor was it my intention to infer that…. It comes from both sides of the aisle….

I’d also like to point out that THIS post is not a A2Y post as well….

Posted by Tony from Virginia Beach, VA on 07/28/10 at 05:31 PM ET

WingsFaninCO's avatar

Or them trolling a COMPLETELY Non Red Wing related story

Posted by Evilpens on 07/28/10 at 03:43 PM ET

Not really trolling..

“a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.”

Some people call it “venting.”

Posted by WingsFaninCO on 07/28/10 at 05:31 PM ET