Take This How You Wish

In case you are not aware, Walsh is the agent for Fleury.

Filed in: NHL Teams, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: marc+andre+fleury, vegas+golden+knights

Comments

Paul's avatar

Notice the name on the sword.

It does appear Fleury is now the #2 goalie in the playoffs.

He is also a UFA at the end of the season.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 08/22/20 at 04:06 PM ET

Paul, where do you see him listed as UFA at the end of the season?  Capfriendly shows him with two more years on his contract after this season.

Posted by MikeO on 08/22/20 at 04:33 PM ET

Paul's avatar

My mistake MikeO.  CapFriendly loading real slow for me and I should have let it complete.

Two years left at $7M per.

Thanks for correcting this.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 08/22/20 at 04:42 PM ET

Happy to help.  I was only aware of it because I have a pipe dream of the Wings signing Lehner, since Vegas doesn’t have room to resign him unless the are able to move Fleury. I don’t see anyone wanting to trade for a 37 year old goalie making $7m per for 2 more years, so I assume Lehner hits the UFA market.  I know the chances of him signing with the Wings are minuscule, but we all need to dream a dream, and that is mine.

Posted by MikeO on 08/22/20 at 06:18 PM ET

Steeb's avatar

Posted by MikeO on 08/22/20 at 07:18 PM ET

We could trade for Fleury, make them eat some cap hit, and get a draft pick or two. We need at least a placeholder goaltender to tandem with Benier. I’ve always liked MAF, even when I hated him.

Posted by Steeb on 08/22/20 at 07:29 PM ET

Steeb's avatar

Not a complaint, and I may be the only person who experiences this (and not just here), but Twitter links don’t work for me. Probably my fault, bkz I have my browser tweaked 12 ways from Sunday, and I don’t expect anyone to jump thru hoops to accommodate me, just wanted to put it out there.

Posted by Steeb on 08/22/20 at 07:44 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Hmmm Sreeb, not sure what the issue would be,  Maybe copying and pasting the link would work.

This is what Friedman wrote…

According to several sources: the Golden Knights met with Marc-Andre Fleury this afternoon and are satisfied this will not be an issue as they chase the Stanley Cup. I’d expect Fleury to address this with media tomorrow.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 08/22/20 at 07:49 PM ET

Steeb's avatar

I don’t have a Twitter acct, so that may be part of it.. Copy/paste worked this time, so I’ll keep that in mind.

Thanks for that, Paul!

Posted by Steeb on 08/22/20 at 08:10 PM ET

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 08/22/20 at 08:49 PM ET

This is kind of the same thing when Babblecock benched Dom for Ozzie in the ‘08 WCQF against the Preds.

Posted by SYF from impossible and oddly communally possessive sluts on 08/22/20 at 09:35 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Tweet now deleted.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 08/23/20 at 11:24 AM ET

Paul's avatar

MAF just spoke with the media which I watched.

Basically saying Walsh was just trying to protect him and asked the tweet be taken down today.

Wants to move on and did not say if he knew about the tweet before it went up even though he was asked about it twice today.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 08/23/20 at 11:38 AM ET