Start Time For CBA Meeting Has Been Agreed Upon

About 25 tweets inform me the CBA meeting will start around 8:15pm ET.

I will update this post as news comes available.

added 9:49pm,

added 10:09pm,

added 10:15pm,

added 10:24pm,

Filed in: NHL Talk, NHLPA, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

NIVO's avatar

The look on Dreger’s face is priceless

Posted by NIVO from underpants gnome village on 01/02/13 at 08:28 PM ET

hahahahah.  that is great.  so funny.

Posted by gretzky_to_lemieux on 01/02/13 at 09:54 PM ET

Evilpens's avatar

@emptynetters: Per the team’s site, forward Tanner Glass and a other NHLers have left Banksa Bystrica of the Slovak Extraliga.

Posted by Evilpens on 01/02/13 at 10:03 PM ET

Paul's avatar

In case you are wondering, the Disclaimer process can be done online as long as it is dated today.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 01/02/13 at 10:22 PM ET

The Hurricane's avatar

The lack of posting here….on this very thread….at this late stage and date is indication to me of something really disconcerting. Am I correct that this is ABSOLUTE ZERO HOUR and there’s noone still paying attention? Either the myriad posters that keep KK an exciting place to scour have given up all hope of a deal, or the league and PA have so bruised them that it will take more than a late breaking announcement of 1/2 a season to get them remotely interested again?

Posted by The Hurricane on 01/02/13 at 11:32 PM ET

Paul's avatar

TH, so true.  When the NHL made a legal move a few weeks ago, many die hard fans said enough is enough.

I really believe some may not return.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 01/02/13 at 11:34 PM ET

The Hurricane's avatar

Any update? My Twitter feed is silent too…..

Posted by The Hurricane on 01/03/13 at 12:11 AM ET

Paul's avatar

Still negotiating, have to think if PA did file, Fehr would have walked out since he would no longer hold his position with them.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 01/03/13 at 12:13 AM ET

Hippy Dave's avatar

Sorry guys, I was busy watching the Tivo’ed UofM game from a couple of days ago.  Did I miss the war?

Posted by Hippy Dave from Portland by way of Detroit on 01/03/13 at 12:54 AM ET

Hippy Dave's avatar

(Also, if anyone noticed, the World Juniors are on…)

Posted by Hippy Dave from Portland by way of Detroit on 01/03/13 at 12:56 AM ET

The Hurricane's avatar

Lots of silence…crickets chirping, etc.

Posted by The Hurricane on 01/03/13 at 12:57 AM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

Posted by The Hurricane on 01/02/13 at 11:32 PM ET

Pretty presumptuous of me to answer this, but my lack of posting today is apropos.

I spent most of the day flying to Phoenix to watch the Fiesta Bowl tomorrow.  Since my travel schedule and budget cleared up in November, I had some extra cash that I would have otherwise spent on the Winter Classic lying around and decided to use it bringing my disposable income to other areas and watch other sports.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 01/03/13 at 03:46 AM ET

Hippy Dave's avatar

^^

Posted by Hippy Dave from Portland by way of Detroit on 01/03/13 at 04:47 AM ET

Hippy Dave's avatar

Gregorinko, btw, has looked pretty darn good in the world juniors…

Posted by Hippy Dave from Portland by way of Detroit on 01/03/13 at 04:48 AM ET

Hippy Dave's avatar

[sic] Mikhail Grigorenko - Holy hell if you can still record the quarterfinal between Switzerland and Russia in the IIHF World Juniors, what a game.

I got all excited there for a second and thought Mr. Broken Leg was up to bat again…

Posted by Hippy Dave from Portland by way of Detroit on 01/03/13 at 05:52 AM ET

Posted by The Hurricane on 01/02/13 at 11:32 PM ET

That people sleep? smile

Very few people care about the negotiation process.  Even fewer care enough to sit up past 10pm just to get an update.

I really like hockey.  A lot.  I’m pretty sure I don’t like news about negotiations surrounding CBA issues concerning hockey than I like watching basketball, or football, or… hell, sleeping.

When the hockey comes back, people will come back.  Trying to tie the number of people who are raptly fixated on the negotiation process with those who care about the sport in general is going to make your eyes bleed.

Posted by HockeyinHD on 01/03/13 at 08:36 AM ET

redxblack's avatar

I’d prefer to read about nuances of a hockey CBA before I’d watch the snoosefest sports of baseball, basketball or even (most of the times) football.

And I won’t be back in a seat for a long while at least. I’ll vote with my money.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 01/03/13 at 09:56 AM ET