So How Do You Feel?

Did your team improve, stay the course or go in the wrong direction?

There are many scenarios out there, some teams made moves for the playoffs, some made moves for the off-season by acquiring asserts and some did virtually nothing.

Whatever happened today still has to play out on the ice and anything can happen, even for those teams that did not do much..

That’s why the game is determined on the ice.

Filed in: NHL Teams, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

Luongo-is-my-hero's avatar

i wanna throw up

Posted by Luongo-is-my-hero on 02/27/12 at 07:23 PM ET

TheFreak's avatar

Disappointed in lack of Wings movement. And that statement also implies their play as of late.

Posted by TheFreak on 02/27/12 at 07:26 PM ET

Posted by gretzky_to_lemieux on 02/27/12 at 07:43 PM ET

SandysWingingit's avatar

Disappointed… all I wanted was one good gritty depth forward, and Kenny couldn’t deliver.  long face

Posted by SandysWingingit on 02/27/12 at 07:55 PM ET

No Pahlsson.  No Gaustad.  Top six power forwards on other teams went to our playoff rivals.

No Rick Nash.

Commodore sent for a 2012 conditional 7th.

Quincey obtained for a 2012 first-rounder and a prospect who’s already in the ECHL with the Florida Everblades, who are conveniently in the Bolts’ neck of the proverbial woods.

hOORAY fOR kENNY.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 02/27/12 at 08:29 PM ET

“cheated—not so much from a penguins point of view; but more so from a hours-of-my-life point of view. “

Haha. Know the feeling. I didn’t expect the Penguins to do much of anything today, but I was hoping to be able to rubberneck a Derek Roy trade or something.

The only team that made a short term improvement for sure is Nashville, and they did so at the expense of a first round pick for a checker.

Posted by larry from pitt on 02/27/12 at 08:29 PM ET

NIVO's avatar

i didnt want a big splash to be honest. Just that “tiny tweak” for one gritty forward that may make a change or put a jump in a step besides the H.A.M. line. Mainly im talking about Pahlsson. Two 4th rounders for him? Wow, and we couldnt get that deal done? The only thing i think holding that up is that CBJ simply didnt want him to go to a division rival. But im not gonna dwell on this past this posting, lets move on and get it sorted.

The one thing we most certainly need to do is get Mule playing like his size. This is his time of year, and he simply has to pull it together. So, if he’s not hurt(and i hope he isnt) then what are you gonna do Mule? That cart doesnt pull itself!

Posted by NIVO from underpants gnome village on 02/27/12 at 08:39 PM ET

Evilpens's avatar

Well Red Wings took themselves out of Gaustad because I don’t think they wanted to be without a 1st & a 2nd & wait Free Agency is going to be a snorer too! Pens are F’d By the way

Posted by Evilpens on 02/27/12 at 09:09 PM ET

I really wanted to see John Scott beat up on the sisters, lu-long-overrated and the rest of the vancouver sissies again this year.  Guess i’ll have to settle for watching him beat up some flyers.

Posted by sean_o_sean on 02/27/12 at 09:19 PM ET

hOORAY fOR kENNY.

This.

Posted by Garth on 02/27/12 at 09:40 PM ET

11B4PF7 in MN's avatar

Paul, thanks for asking.  I feel like I did when DET lost to ANA in 2007, totally sick. One less injury on defense and DET beats the ducks and goes on to crush OTT in the SCF.  In this case, one trade for a beefy bottom six forward and…

SYF, I wouldn’t worry about Piche. Founier and Ehrhardt are ahead of him on the depth chart and neither projects out to a lot.

Posted by 11B4PF7 in MN on 02/27/12 at 11:06 PM ET

creasemonkey's avatar

Glad I slept through it, if only to scroll through the various levels of reaction.

Posted by creasemonkey from sweet home san diego on 02/27/12 at 11:35 PM ET

shanetx's avatar

Have you guys actually seen Pahlsson lately?  He is DONE.  Cooked.

It’s a shame.  He was very underrated in Anaheim, and I felt he played against z/Pavs about as good or better than anyone has.  I was a pretty vocal proponent of his prior to the Columbus stint but he’s just a shell now.

How do I feel in general?  The best home team in the history of the NHL upgraded their defensive depth, essentially swapping a constant scratch and a first for a guy who is essentially a top four guy playing in the fifth spot.  I hoped for more but am satisfied.

Posted by shanetx from Floydada, Texas on 02/28/12 at 12:44 AM ET

Primis's avatar

As a Wings fan, I feel sick.  Not even so much at the Wings not making a splash, but then in watching SJ, NAS, and VAN all improve to varying degrees.

I also know that the same people harping now on the “prices” for players will be the same ones being the most vocal if they come back to haunt us in the playoffs.

Posted by Primis on 02/28/12 at 09:52 AM ET