Simple Question- New York Rangers Or Pittsburgh Penguins?

Who do you think will win tonight and giving a reason why earns you some extra credit.

I am picking the Rangers.  I just think Lundqvist will be the difference.

Filed in: NHL Teams, New York Rangers, Pittsburgh Penguins, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

joedaiceman's avatar

Rangers - I think they gotten inside Pittsburgh’s collective heads.

Posted by joedaiceman on 05/13/14 at 09:31 AM ET

NHLJeff's avatar

Paul, I unfortunately, as a Pens fan, agree with you. I’m hoping they surprise me but am definitely not counting on it. Should they lose, at least that will hopefully lead to a new coaching staff and a change in team culture.

Posted by NHLJeff from Pens fan in Chicago, IL on 05/13/14 at 09:31 AM ET

Evilpens's avatar

well before the series started I said Rangers in 6 & the only reason that didn’t happen is the weird scheduling of games for Rangers to end the Rangers/Flyers series & the start of Pens/Rangers series

Henrik looks to be zoned in &  the Pressure on the Pens is immense if they lose Bylsma is gone Shero might be & you have to make changes to the core . The Pens Best winger Prospect is Beau Bennett who has a hell of a time staying healthy,  After that go look at their “prospects” in minors college & Jrs.

They drafted D Men like crazy & then sign Letang to that ridiculous deal & make that worse by signing Scuderi to a 4 Yr. deal

They traded Joe Morrow for a old, broken down running on fumes Brenden Morrow who did not fit the system, Traded for a HoFer RW Iggy & then proceeded to play him at LW where this season I read an interview where he said he has never play LW

Sid has been a Big part of problem too he demands to play with Kunitz & Dupuis, those 2 are 3rd liners in my eyes

Posted by Evilpens on 05/13/14 at 09:33 AM ET

redxblack's avatar

Rangers. Crosby’s ineffectiveness will cause them to come unglued.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 05/13/14 at 09:39 AM ET

Navarath's avatar

Hey Evilpens, isn’t Pouliot a good prospect? He’s a dman, but seems pretty solid?

On the topic at hand-
I’m going to say the Penguins will win this. The reason? The universe is a powerful force, and tends to empower the teams I am rooting against.

Posted by Navarath on 05/13/14 at 10:00 AM ET

JMK's avatar

Gotta go with Rangers.  The Pens have all but completed their traditional annual collapse.  Their locker room is in shambles.  The team is no longer coherent.  Leadership is gone.

Posted by JMK on 05/13/14 at 10:17 AM ET

Evilpens's avatar

Navarath Yes he is A very good prospect, that is one of the reasons they should have traded Letang, (A) to get some much needed wingers for Sid/Gino (B) to not give him that ridiculous contract (C) Niskanen who I always thought was much better on PP could have been signed

Now that they have spent as much money on Letang & Scuderi they don’t have a chance to keep Misky who has been the Pens best D Man this season

Posted by Evilpens on 05/13/14 at 10:30 AM ET

I gotta pick the Rangers because of Lundqvist and Crosby.

Crosby is ostensibly frustrated and that could be a blessing or curse for him.  I think we’ve all seen him take that frustration and go next-level on opponents.  We’ve also seen that frustration just eat him alive… Don Cherry actually made a great point—he’s the best player in the league and he’s got to deal with everyone gunning and running him.  Where’s his protection?  Where’s the proverbial Marty McSorely to give it back to the Rangers to allow Crosby a bit of breathing room?

Anyway, the counterpart to whether or not Crosby turns it up is Lundqvist.  Someone already mentioned Lundqvist is dialed in right now and I couldn’t agree more.  He’s the rock the Rangers are built on and certainly playing like it when his team needs him most.

So, in my humble opinion, Lundqvist gives the Rangers the edge tonight but the real game breaker is Crosby.  Which guy shows up for the Pens?

PS—does anyone else feel like Rick Nash is just DUE to break out and have a monster offensive game very soon?

Posted by rklpro on 05/13/14 at 10:52 AM ET

Evilpens's avatar

The Problem with the Pens having an Enforcer for Sid is the President of Pens Is David Morehouse who is a Democrat Political Hack, when the Pens replaced Ken Sawyer with this Moron is when the Pens really went downhill even faster. He supposedly wants a “Clean Team”

& before other people turn this into a Political discussion I don’t think ANY political Hack should be a President of a sports team

& just to add Morehouse was a bigwig in the Clinton campaigns for President & one of Clinton’s biggest boosters & donors was Ron Burkle the real owner of Pens

Posted by Evilpens on 05/13/14 at 11:02 AM ET

gowings's avatar

I think PITT will win… That being said, no disrespect to Evilpens here, but your coach drives me insane LOL….and I don’t watch them often, but looking at how the coach motivated his troops in the Olympics and if you see a correlation with the team now, I would fire him….

Posted by gowings from MTL on 05/13/14 at 11:28 AM ET

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

Go Rags.

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from where free agents no longer dare. on 05/13/14 at 12:04 PM ET

Evilpens's avatar

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) He drives you crazy??? I have to put up with this moron all season & his ridiculous PC’s after games & his inane slogans like “Get to our game” & “who’s going to wear the cape” UGH AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Posted by Evilpens on 05/13/14 at 12:36 PM ET

Rags.  Zucs is a fun guy to watch for the Blueshirts.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 05/13/14 at 12:37 PM ET