Simple Question - Canada Or Sweden?

What's your gut/heart/brain telling you, Canada or Sweden in the men's gold medal game tomorrow?

I am torn, my head tells me Canada but my gut says Sweden.  If forced to make a decision, I say Canada with a late goal from Getzlaf.

Your thoughts?

Filed in: Non-NHL Hockey, International Hockey, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: sochi+olympics

Comments

scotts0's avatar

Svierge.

The Swedes against Carey Price looks way more promising than the Canadians against Lunqvist.

Posted by scotts0 from New York on 02/22/14 at 04:31 PM ET

SK77's avatar

Agree with scotts0—I’m taking Lundqvist over Price.

Posted by SK77 on 02/22/14 at 04:35 PM ET

alwaysaurie's avatar

Sweden.

I like Babcock and Holland plenty, I love Canada as a country & I want them to earn all of the “symbolic” national victories they can… except for this one. I want Kronwall/Ericsson playing over 20’min each and being Sweden’s backbone tomorrow, I want Alfredsson to be the nation’s hero with the game winning goal, and I want Gustavsson & Nyquist to listen to their national anthem with a medal around their neck.

(If Canada lost the Gold in Vanc. I’d probably root for them this time, but since they got theirs I want to see Sweden get their 3rd.)

Posted by alwaysaurie on 02/22/14 at 04:38 PM ET

Rdwings28's avatar

awww gawd, not getzlaf. total ick

Posted by Rdwings28 on 02/22/14 at 05:06 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

I wish Seabrook was in this game, then if could call it Kronwall with game winner via a deflection off Seabrook. That would be a wee bit of redemption for Kronner.

Posted by MoreShoot on 02/22/14 at 05:15 PM ET

awould's avatar

Sweden

Posted by awould on 02/22/14 at 06:05 PM ET

hdw's avatar

Brain says Canada.

Heart says Sweden.

Gut says that I got make sure I’ve got enough snacks and adult beverages to survive the game.

Posted by hdw on 02/22/14 at 06:16 PM ET

OlderThanChelios's avatar

Brain says Canada.

Heart says Sweden.

Posted by hdw

Make that two of us.

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 02/22/14 at 07:43 PM ET

Zqto's avatar

I’ll root for Sweden, but I think Canada will win

It looks like Stevie is on a mission, there… Love it!

Posted by Zqto on 02/22/14 at 09:13 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

I think it will be an awesome game,,and of course Sweden for GOLD.

Heja Sverige friskt humör,det ar det som susen gör…..Sverige Sverige Sverige!!!
grin  LOL  cool smile