Shootout Goalies Who Are Hard To Beat

via Sports Illustrated,

Who is the toughest goalie to beat in a shootout?

Henrik Lundqvist, Rangers 28%

Pekka Rinne, Predators 28%

Marc-Andre Fleury, Devils 8%

Ryan Miller, Sabres 7%

Tim Thomas, Bruins 5%

FAST FACTS

Lundqvist, who leads the NHL in save percentage (.939) won the All-Star Skills Competition, stopping six of seven shootout attempts…. The pick of a whopping 40% of players from his own Western Conference, Rinne ranks first among active goalies in career shootout save percentage (.784).... Fleury, just 20th in overall save percentage, leads the league with seven shootout wins…. In a similar poll on Facebook, Lundqvist filled the top slot with 31% of the votes, ahead of Thomas (30%), while Rinne tallied just (7%).

Based on 186 NHL players who responded to SI’s survey

Filed in: NHL Teams, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

Evilpens's avatar

HMMMMMMMMMMM Did the Pens Get Uncle Daddy in the Trade For MAF? LOL

Posted by Evilpens on 02/08/12 at 04:16 PM ET

What in God’s name are you babbling about?

Posted by Garth on 02/08/12 at 04:27 PM ET

What in God’s name are you babbling about?

Posted by Garth on 02/08/12 at 01:27 PM ET

This:  Marc-Andre Fleury, Devils 8%

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 02/08/12 at 04:31 PM ET

Evilpens's avatar

Garth is a Little Shortbus Slow

Posted by Evilpens on 02/08/12 at 04:34 PM ET

tuxedoTshirt's avatar

Okay.  Yeah, we all knew what “Uncle Daddy” meant.

Posted by tuxedoTshirt from the Home of the 1937 World Champions on 02/08/12 at 04:41 PM ET

I’ll save Paul the effort:  Refrain from personal attacks.  You are embarrassing yourself.  Perhaps you don’t care, but some people would like the discourse here to remain above that expected of a 3rd grader.

I can’t wait until the blocking feature shows up.  The value of this site will increase dramatically when I can count on the comment sections not including such drivel.

Posted by GregAnnapolis on 02/08/12 at 04:44 PM ET

Garth’s cool with me.  That’s all you need to know.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 02/08/12 at 04:52 PM ET

redxblack's avatar

What goalie has the least shoot out losses?

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 02/08/12 at 05:23 PM ET

I still don’t know what Uncle Daddy is refering to.

Posted by Garth on 02/08/12 at 06:28 PM ET

I still don’t know what Uncle Daddy is refering to.

Posted by Garth on 02/08/12 at 03:28 PM ET

Your instincts were dead on with your first comment.

That said, I’m actually able to translate from EvilPen to English on this one, though: Uncle Daddy = Marty. Marty left his wife and kids for her brother’s wife. So in a sense, he’s the uncle to his own kids.

Posted by toolazytologin on 02/08/12 at 06:40 PM ET

Posted by toolazytologin on 02/08/12 at 03:40 PM ET

Wow, classy.

I so need to brush up on my NHL gossip…

Posted by Garth on 02/08/12 at 06:42 PM ET

tuxedoTshirt's avatar

Marty left his wife and kids for her brother’s wife

Seriously?  Where is the ridicule?

Posted by tuxedoTshirt from the Home of the 1937 World Champions on 02/08/12 at 07:42 PM ET

I thought it was his wife’s sister.  EP isn’t the only one to call him that.  It’s pretty common.

Posted by pens fan in baltimore on 02/08/12 at 08:44 PM ET

Evilpens's avatar

Lots of Pens fans call him Uncle Daddy LOL

Posted by Evilpens on 02/08/12 at 08:53 PM ET

Evilpens's avatar

well Garth I’ll give you a Mulligan you’re team is Western Conference so you probably wouldn’t know that & I apologize for the Shortbus Comment ! If I could delete it I would

Posted by Evilpens on 02/08/12 at 08:54 PM ET

redxblack's avatar

I miss Tony. He had class.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 02/08/12 at 09:28 PM ET

Seriously?  Where is the ridicule?

What, you think the Avery Brodeur feud was over creative goaltender screening?

Avery kept chirping him about this subject for at least five years.

Posted by larry from pitt on 02/09/12 at 09:48 PM ET