Kukla's Korner Hockey
by Paul on 08/12/14 at 05:15 PM ET
Many of you know KK and Shnarped are partners and today they made a major announcement.
I encourage you to try out the app and right now is a great time to contact many of the hockey players in different leagues. The guys at Shnarped do things the right way.
Kyle, Kamil, and myself (Dustin) would like to thank you for your continued support of Shnarped and update you on some exciting changes we released today. We are missing hockey this summer, but have been very busy improving our product and growing our community of players, fans, and teams!
At Shnarped we strive to build a positive, youth-friendly social platform that brings together everyone in the hockey community. Guided by your feedback, today we released a new iOS version, a new interactive web platform and blog, and added new privacy options. Below we’ll elaborate on these changes and what’s coming next. If you have ideas for what else should come next, please let us know here!
Major changes to our iOS app:
- New design and layout including centralized notifications tab to ensure you never miss news or interactions from your favorite teams, players, and friends
- Changes to how the ‘pound’ works make it easier to send and receive congratulations on great goals or great posts
- Added privacy options (see details below)
Our New Web Platform:
- You can now sign into the web version of Shnarped! Send pounds and follow players from your desktop! Tell all your friends on Blackberry they can now use the web version of Shnarped.
- We now host the most comprehensive player profiles anywhere on the internet. Use the search bar at www.shnarped.com to browse through thousands of players and view news, stats, contract info, etc.
- Check out our new blog! This fall we’ll be hosting tons of great player interviews and prospects reports, so stay tuned!
- Click here to subscribe to our blog and ensure you don't miss any of the great coverage
Also New – Verified Team Accounts:
- In addition to the 150 NHL players and 1,000+ prospects on Shnarped, we’ve now verified over 40 team accounts. Teams will be helping us add more players to Shnarped, so make sure to encourage your local team to join Shnarped and send them a ‘pound’ of support when they do!
- New profiles with better posting and sharing options on web and app
- More interactive web features
- A note to our faithful Android users - we're sorry we haven't released an update for a while but we haven't forgotten about you! Thanks for sticking with us and look for improvements this fall.
Private Profiles and An Important Note on Privacy:
Shnarped is a positive, youth-friendly environment and we take your privacy very seriously. Up until this point, almost everything posted on our platform has been purposefully public. To make it easier for passionate fans to share their hockey experiences, this release allows fans to find one another more easily and also includes the ability to view peoples’ following and followers lists. While we do not release any of your personal information and will continue to monitor our community for anything that goes against our values, we realize that in rare cases people may not want their activity on Shnarped to be public. We have therefore introduced the option to designate your profile as private.
We can't wait for the season to start and are thrilled to have you along for the ride; your feedback and support are the only reason we’ve managed to accomplish so much. As always, if you have any thoughts or ideas you’d like to share we’d love to hear them. You can add them to this one-question feedback form – we’ll be giving out T-shirts to a few people with helpful advice!
Dustin, Kamil and Kyle
Be the first to comment.
Add a Comment
Please limit embedded image or media size to 575 pixels wide.
Most Recent Blog Posts
About Kukla's Korner Hockey
Paul Kukla founded Kukla’s Korner in 2005 and the site has since become the must-read site on the ‘net for all the latest happenings around the NHL.
From breaking news to in-depth stories around the league, KK Hockey is updated with fresh stories all day long and will bring you the latest news as quickly as possible.
Email Paul anytime at email@example.com