Shea Weber Talks About Wearing The ‘C’ In Nashville

via the bclocalnews, “Obviously its a huge honour,” said Weber. “I have played under some great captains in Nashville who have done a lot of great things and hopefully that helps me along the way. We have a good goup of guys in Nashville, so it will be an easy job.”

As for any pressure the new title may bring, Weber says it isn’t even a thought for him.

“I am not going to change the way I play at all, I am going to play the same. So many guys could be captain because there are such good leaders on the team. They are going to make it easy on me and will be helping out.”

Filed in: NHL Teams, Nashville Predators, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: shea+weber

Comments

pjwalny's avatar

Nashville always seems to surprise me by under achieving. Last year, they were two minutes away with a man advantage from taking a 3-2 series lead on Chicago. If they won that game they would have had a chance to close out the series at home in Nashville. Oh, and Chicago pulled their goalie. Unfortunately Chicago scored and as they say the rest is history.

Predators have great defense, good drafting, good coach and now a great goalie. I pick the Predators to come in second in the central conference next year.

1 Detroit
2 Nashville
3 St.Louis (yeah thats right)
4 Chicago
5 Columbus

Posted by pjwalny from Not Detroit, evidently?? on 08/18/10 at 01:05 AM ET

Chicago fourth in the division?

Right.

Posted by Garth on 08/18/10 at 01:30 PM ET

Looks like the Yzerman effect is trickling down.  The Preds picked a damn good player to be their captain.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 08/18/10 at 01:40 PM ET

pjwalny's avatar

oh, sorry here is my garth comment:

Nashville is cool.

Is that short enough garth. I know you can’t wait for the new Kk… I dont want anybody to have to talk about their reasoning behind these discussions. It’s fun when people respond to these articles with quick one liners.

Chicago fourth in the division?

Right.

Posted by Garth on 08/18/10 at 12:30 PM ET

Wow, you dont say? That is very intellectual garth. dont overdue yourself. Yeah, it’s easy to say right or wrong when judging comments. Do you have any reasons why Chicago will not be forth? If not chicago, then who will be forth? Explain yourself!

Posted by pjwalny from Not Detroit, evidently?? on 08/18/10 at 02:50 PM ET

pjwalny's avatar

*fourth

Damn,  iphone grammar check

Posted by pjwalny from Not Detroit, evidently?? on 08/18/10 at 05:00 PM ET

That is very intellectual garth. dont overdue yourself. Yeah, it’s easy to say right or wrong when judging comments.  Do you have any reasons why Chicago will not be forth? If not chicago, then who will be forth? Explain yourself!

Good call though.  Boy am I a bastard for responding with the same depth as you did!

Posted by Garth on 08/18/10 at 05:27 PM ET

pjwalny's avatar

Garth, Here is my support on why Chicago will be fourth in the division:

Your problem is that you expect the chicago of last year. Half the team is gone including all the roleplayers and support. Maddens with the wild and they lost Niemi. Loosing Niemi’s talent is probably not as bad as loosing a important personality of that playoff run. The players pysche is going to be down knowing that all those players are gone because their front office mis-managed funds.

Nashville
is a good team. Like I said they had Chicago all but beat in round one last year. They have great defense, and a good consistent coach. Not to mention Pekka Rinne has blown up into a great goalie.

St.Louis had a bad start last year. They were the best team behind the Red Wings the last two months of the season. They nearly made the playoffs. I might add that they almost did it with a struggling Ty Conklin. They signed Montreal’s playoff Cinderella in Jaroslav Halak. If Halak plays nearly as good as he did for Montreal he will be dominate. Especially if St.Louis can block shots like the habs did last april.

I assume I don’t have to convince you about the Red Wings do I??? We will be number one. Chicago has alot of games against division rivals like the above three. Those will be hard games. Not to mention that everyone is out to get the defending champs.

Again 1-Detroit 2-Nashville 3-St.louis 4-Chicago 5-Columbus

P.s. You still didn’t respond to my initial question. You just got angry and typed another one liner. I see you tried to insult me but it just didnt make sense. I asked you “why do you think it’s absurd that I put Chicago in fourth” and you did the same thing. So the reason you dont think Chicago will be in fourth is because” Seems I was as intellectual as you were and gave as many reasons as you did when you put forth your explanation for Chicago being in 4th. ” ??????????

Posted by pjwalny from Not Detroit, evidently?? on 08/18/10 at 07:14 PM ET

pjwalny's avatar

Here is a hint:

This is not a reason they will do good. Defense, Coaching and goal tending would be closer.

Posted by pjwalny from Not Detroit, evidently?? on 08/18/10 at 07:21 PM ET

Nice to know that you feel the need to convince me that you’re right.  You must think much more highly of my opinion than I do of yours.

PS Grrrr, I’m so angry!!!

Posted by Garth on 08/18/10 at 10:39 PM ET

pjwalny's avatar

Yeah, I guess your right. Seriously, I would like to convince you that chicago wont be a nownutter. Meaning they won’t be nothing to write home about. Did you read my support? I mean it all comes down to that core group of players that they retained from last year. Do you think they can make a run back to the finals with those crappy new additions chicago made?

Posted by pjwalny from Not Detroit, evidently?? on 08/18/10 at 10:55 PM ET

pjwalny's avatar

PS Grrrr, I’m so angry!!!

laugh out loud.

Ill apologize after this coming may if im wrong.

Posted by pjwalny from Not Detroit, evidently?? on 08/18/10 at 10:57 PM ET

pjwalny's avatar

I obviously have my mind made up. I would like to persuade you. I have a personal vendetta against my division rivals. Your apparently biased. If I convince you, I will assert my feelings in that they won’t hinder my teams success.

Posted by pjwalny from Not Detroit, evidently?? on 08/18/10 at 10:59 PM ET

pjwalny's avatar

Im gonna go watch hardnocks. Please think about it. Let me know when you post. If you really dont think that chicago is gonna falter next season. Ill drop it.

P.s. Your not a closet blackhawks fan are you? I see you dont have a picture with your account. Let me know. If your a blackhawks fan than there is no chance of persuading you.

Posted by pjwalny from Not Detroit, evidently?? on 08/18/10 at 11:02 PM ET