Shanny Had Enough

Brendan Shanahan just tweeted about this video and boy do I remember it.

2002 SCF…

Filed in: NHL Teams, Carolina Hurricanes, Detroit Red Wings, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: brendan+shanahan

Comments

Lindas1st's avatar

Dear gog, please clean those pits before you go to the game to act like an idiot. LOL  Shanny, gotta luv him.

Posted by Lindas1st from New England on 05/20/10 at 09:01 AM ET

Red Winger's avatar

I’ve seen more feminine-looking lumberjacks than that…uh, lady.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 05/20/10 at 09:03 AM ET

42jeff's avatar

He’s always been on my list of dudes I want to just sit down and have a beer with.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 05/20/10 at 10:11 AM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Gotta love Shanny.
But the all time #1 sin bin moment is Tie Domi yanking the fan over the glass that gave him a beer shower.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 05/20/10 at 10:56 AM ET

Rdwings28's avatar

We are still waiting for that special moment in this year’s playoffs. Giant Brawl, smart ass player action, coach losing control, fans getting beaten up, goalie v. goalie, mouthguard yank out, et al. What is it everyone wants to see?? Any memorable moments yet? None I can think of. Oh yeah Broduer breaking his stick last year, etc.

Posted by Rdwings28 on 05/20/10 at 11:07 AM ET

Flashtastick56's avatar

Amazing.  I don’t remember ever seeing that.

Posted by Flashtastick56 from Meriden, CT on 05/20/10 at 01:00 PM ET

Osrt's avatar

Brilliant and well deserved. I wish Shanny could have retired as a Wing.

Posted by Osrt on 05/20/10 at 02:24 PM ET

wingsfanindenver's avatar

i remember watching that game. My brother and I nearly died from shooting beer out our noses.

Posted by wingsfanindenver on 05/20/10 at 03:16 PM ET

Hippy Dave's avatar

Is that really his twitter page?

Posted by Hippy Dave from Portland by way of Detroit on 05/20/10 at 03:48 PM ET

Hippy Dave's avatar

Heh.  I do remember that game.  Hiii-larious.  We miss you Shanny.

Posted by Hippy Dave from Portland by way of Detroit on 05/20/10 at 03:50 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Is that really his twitter page?

Posted by Hippy Dave from San Francisco by way of Detroit on 05/20/10 at 01:48 PM ET

Yep.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 05/20/10 at 03:55 PM ET

Hippy Dave's avatar

That reminded me of a couple of other gems:

ahh… good times.

Posted by Hippy Dave from Portland by way of Detroit on 05/20/10 at 06:06 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

Why did ESPN give up the NHL? Why do I have to watch the NHL try to be come the NBA on Versus?

Posted by MoreShoot on 05/20/10 at 06:19 PM ET

Brilliant and well deserved. I wish Shanny could have retired as a Wing.

Posted by Osrt on 05/20/10 at 12:24 PM ET

He has said that when he does get inducted into the HHOF, he is going in as a Red Wings player.  Except for his 600th career goal, most of his career moments occurred in Detroit.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 05/20/10 at 07:03 PM ET