Sergei Kostitsyn Wants An Answer

via Reuters at the Globe and Mail,

Nashville Predators winger Sergei Kostitsyn, who joined Russian club Avangard Omsk during a work stoppage in the National Hockey League (NHL), hopes the lockout will lead to the cancellation of the entire season.

“Let’s put it this way – it would be better (for the players) if the lockout continues,” Kostitsyn was quoted as saying by Russian daily Sport-Express on Monday.

“Players want a definite answer. If the NHL season is lost – let it be that way. I would then play in Russia for the whole season.”...

Kostitsyn, 25, who joined the Predators from the Montreal Canadiens in June 2010, also said he hated life in North America and labelled Columbus “the gloomiest” city in the States.

“I couldn’t get used to (American) mentality. They are totally different people from us,” said the Belarussian, who was twice suspended by the Canadiens in 2009 after failing to report to their minor league team in Hamilton.

Filed in: NHL Teams, Nashville Predators, NHL Media, NHLPA, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: sergei+kostitsyn

Comments

LivinLaVidaLockout's avatar

He is right about one thing - Columbus is the gloomiest city in America.

Posted by LivinLaVidaLockout on 10/22/12 at 10:48 AM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

Sergei Kostitsyn hopes the lockout doesn’t end because he doesn’t want to go back to Nashville. Hahahaha.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 10/22/12 at 10:49 AM ET

yzer19man's avatar

Good riddance…we don’t need this guy anyway. Fine with me that he brought his “skills” over to Russia and I hope he stays there.

Posted by yzer19man from Chicago, IL on 10/22/12 at 11:06 AM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

lmao nut check Columbus.. someone from a communist soviet state thinks YOUR city is GLOOMY.  This place really does blow.  They had to have built this place on an Indial burial ground or something.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 10/22/12 at 01:33 PM ET

Had to go visit someone at the childrens hospital down there and i swear i thought i would ever make it out of that area alive.  At one point i was sitting at a stoplight and i had to make the decision to just run the red light.

Posted by gretzky_to_lemieux on 10/22/12 at 02:13 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Yeah GTL you must’ve gone to the east-side Childrens.  within a 1 mile radius of my office there’ve been approximately 10 shooting, almost al with fatalities in the past month and a half.  It’s been getting worse the last few months.  When I got my ccw permit I went to an adjoining county since mine is so overworked with them, the wait time is 3x greater to get it in my own with the amount they’re processing.

It’s definitely no Detroit, but it’s so irratic it makes it almost as dangerous.

Saw a dude wearing a hoodie and thigh-highs on my way home from work a few months ago.. no pants.. no underwear.

*#$%@&’ town is insane.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 10/22/12 at 03:00 PM ET

Wow!  That is funny.  I know what you mean about irratic.  I remember thinking the entire time i was running the red light, “please just let a cop show up”.  I would venture to guess no police are anywhere near that area.  This was all durning the daytime mind you.  I made a point of making sure i left the area while it was still day light.  I don’t even want to think of what that place is like at night time.

Posted by gretzky_to_lemieux on 10/22/12 at 03:20 PM ET